IT Senior Systems Engineer
Omnitracs | OT MEX - IT Networking Svcs.
IT Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer’s role will befocused on ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation ofOmnitracs infrastructure and information systems that support a core Omnitracsproduct line. Achievable by enrichingsolutions for monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networkedsoftware and associated operating systems. The Senior Systems Engineer willapply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to helpidentify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit ofIT systems investments. This individual will also mentor and provide guidanceto the Systems Engineer staff.
Essential Job Functions& Other Important Duties
- Analyze system performance and drive continuous incremental operational improvements
- Develop and execute playbooks/scripts, blueprints, and/or workflows, with a path to using automation and orchestration toolsets
- Design and build server infrastructure for applications to ensure high availability, usability, and security.
- Provide Linux and Windows server administration and other related support
- Execute server hardware and software life-cycle management policies and procedures.
- Research and formulate technical installation, corrective and preventative maintenance standards and procedures.
- Participate on projects as a technical advisor/expert team member and occasionally leads technical projects.
- Develop technical documentation, operational documentation and training material as requested.
- Participate in the on-call rotation/after-hours support, ensuring uptime of critical servers, networks and applications.
- Assists in the maintenance and enhancement of system monitoring services to track performance, events, physical environment, security, and age of all systems to increase overall effectiveness.
- Assists staff throughout the Enterprise in troubleshooting and resolve issues.
- Understand multi-tier systems and their implementation, providing guidance for improvements as applications are moved to next generation infrastructure
- Knowledge of enterprise-level server hardware and software setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting methods, best practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate technical troubleshooting, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate clear and effective communications skills
- Knowledge of managed storage systems, both NAS and SAN.
- Knowledge and understanding of security threats and anti-virus systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of network architecture and components
- Must be knowledgeable with enterprise system engineering concepts and practices.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, orrelated field.
· 5-7 years of equivalent system engineeringexperience and associated technologies
· 8-10 years of equivalent system engineeringexperience without a degree
· Experiencewith 24x7x365 systems operations in a production infrastructure environmentsupporting customer facing services