Marketing & Communications Specialist
MINDBODY | Marketing
MINDBODY is the leading technology platform for the wellness industry, featuring an app that allows users to discover and book fitness, beauty and integrative health services, and industry-leading software for business growth and management.
Since its very first iteration, MINDBODY’s software has turned that idea into an imperative, streamlining all aspects of business management for thousands of health and wellness businesses across six continents. The result is software with a positive impact on the health and wellness of the world.
At MINDBODY, today is about anticipating what will make tomorrow better. Innovation is the status quo. We recognize that the work going on inside these walls affects a community far beyond them.
Check out these videos to find out more:
Our Marketing & Communications Specialist will perform various internal and external corporate communications designed to establish and maintain positive organisational representation. Create both customer and employee-facing content for multi-media including digital media, intranet site(s), and other communication channels. Conduct customer interviews and/or studies to track success metrics and inform communication strategies and tactics.
The Marketing Communications Specialist will support the communications, media and public relations efforts of MINDBODY across the Asia Pacific region. This position will help develop, support and sustain the global media strategy for MINDBODY and its subsequent companies and brands. The successful candidate will work with our global PR team, and our local PR agency, and be responsible to amplify brand awareness across consumer, business, tech and trade media.
Responsible for external media relations communications including press releases, media briefings, social media, pitches, speeches, and authored articles to support the company, its mission, goals, initiatives, leadership as well as its products, services and events.
- In collaboration with the head of APAC marketing and global PR manager, create, support and execute cohesive media outreach strategies that enhance the brand awareness of MINDBODY
- Develop a robust editorial calendar of unique content to drive both the consumer and B2B narrative and messaging
- In collaboration with our PR agency, identify and secure earned national, local and trade media placements in TV, Radio, Print, and Online
- Identify and manage thought-leadership and brand elevation opportunities within industry, business and trade publications
- Maximise agency competencies to drive results that support integrated marketing campaigns
- Draft press releases, pitches, media briefings, award nominations and authored articles
- Utilize established media database and reporting software to monitor and implement metrics for quantifying reach and effectiveness of media coverage in monthly reports
- Assist the marketing department with a wide variety of marketing projects, to possibly include contract submissions, brainstorming, and event support
Desired skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required as well as two or more year(s) of strategic media outreach experience
- Self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a diverse group. Must be comfortable spearheading and managing projects autonomously
- Proven track record of implementing marketing and communications programs and campaigns, including digital, with measurable results
- Experience managing PR agencies
- Experience in organising internal communications, press briefings, media sessions
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills, and experience writing internal and external communications
- Quantifiable success in developing and executing proactive media relations strategies and campaigns
- Strong understanding of both traditional and digital public relations and social media’s role therein
- Proven track record developing and maintaining contacts with media across print, digital and broadcast platforms
- Effective time-management, planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Personal drive and passion for the fitness and wellness industries
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Working with an established Global brand in our new offices in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, a few short minutes from Town Hall and St James stations
- Join a market leader right at the beginning of expansion
- Monthly $65 allowance to spend on beauty or wellness services (gym memberships, massages, salon treatments, and more
- Free weekly free on-site Yoga and Pilates classes
- Fresh fruit delivered every week
- Provided breakfast on Mondays and lunch on Fridays
- Various wellness programs
- A supportive and fun working environment where positive team culture is 100% a MUST!