Associate Software Engineer
Ping Identity | Product Development - Software (5103)
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
As a Sustaining Engineer you will roll up your sleeves and tackle software issues head on. Every day presents new challenges and puzzles to solve. You will be tasked to perform problem analysis, trace source code and fix defects - all to turn around solutions for our customers in a timely manner. The work is rewarding: you’ll be helping our customers on the bleeding edge of identity security solve real business needs and work within our engineering team to continuously improve our products.
- Analyze reported defects to identify their scope and root cause.
- Contribute bug fixes and supportability improvements to future product releases.
- Collaborate with engineers and product management to triage cases in a timely manner.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives as part of a distributed agile team.
- Develop patches for existing product releases.
- Stay current on identity security technology and Ping Identity product releases.
- Review feature requests to ensure they’re sufficiently detailed and appropriately categorized.
- Exceptional problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in Java.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to coordinate with team members to get the job done.
- Familiarity with many frameworks including: Java EE, Spring and Apache Commons.
- Understanding of HTTP protocol and REST API
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) experience.
- Knowledge of IAM Protocols: OAuth and OpenID Connect.
- PKI technologies including the use of TLS/SSL certificates.
- Experience working on large scale, distributed Java-based enterprise systems.
- Hands on experience using AWS infrastructure.
- Understanding of Docker and Kubernetes.