Manager, Customer Success
MINDBODY | Customer Service
The Customer Success Team is responsible for using customer health data to engage key touchpoints with MINDBODY customers. As an integral part of the Revenue Team, Customer Success Managers (CSM) serve as a resource for our customers to drive feature adoption of MINDBODY’s products, increase revenue opportunities, reduce attrition risk, and improve the overall success of the customer relationship with the goal of extending the Lifetime Value (LTV) of our accounts.
The Manager, Customer Success is responsible for overseeing and managing one of MINDBODY’s Customer Success teams. These teams are essential to maintaining and growing MINDBODY’s SMB and Mid-Market customer accounts. The incumbent is instrumental in ensuring team members have the complete skillset, and knowledge of processes and procedures, to effectively manage their individual book of business. The Manager, Customer Success is responsible for managing team members against department established KPI’s, completing continual coaching and evaluations, and ensuring top talent in the department. Additionally, the Manager, Customer Success will be responsible in assisting team members with growing annual reoccurring revenue, challenges and assisting with effectively removing obstacles and impediments and ensuring success with customers. The top priority of this team is to help customers fully adopt their software solution, identify opportunities for growth and retain their business with MINDBODY.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field strongly preferred
- Six (6) years of relevant work experience within customer success, sales, or account management
- Three (3) years of previous management and leadership experience in similar role is preferred
- Prior work experience in a SaaS environment is preferred
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and/or Gainsight is preferred
- General knowledge of scheduling, planning and project management practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to influence an effective change management process
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize and use time effectively and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate in a clear, concise and understandable manner. Demonstrated ability to respond to questions in group and one-on-one consultative settings
- Ability to directly increase revenue through Customer Success related activities
- Demonstrated ability to foster, develop and work in cross-functional relationships with a spirit of teamwork with the focus on the delivery of a positive customer outcome
- Ability to adapt as necessary to accommodate changes in the industry and company direction
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, leveraging qualitative information as well as quotative data
- Ability to use active listening skills and strong analytical skills to work through complex situations to effectively resolve a problem with the customer
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage daily activities and set personnel and departmental goals and duties for team members by identifying and allocating resources accordingly, especially as departmental priorities shift.
- Gather and synthesize relevant data, suggesting improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team.
- Develop and lead end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of critical Success initiatives.
- Drive improvements in customer satisfaction across channels.
- Manage and resolve customer escalations where appropriate.
- Conduct code red meetings and monitor risk within the portfolio, applying proper risk mitigation strategies to limit churn.
- Strengthen the Customer Success team by capitalizing on opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency and driving productivity initiatives.
- Contributes to the creation and execution of the departmental strategic plan and is directly responsible for leading the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Partner with Sales and Onboarding leadership to ensure an effective hand-off process to Customer Success.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with cross-functional internal teams and with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with team members; complete and deliver performance appraisals to team members; provide feedback and coaching on an ongoing basis; and identify motivation and recognition tools for team members.
- Addresses and resolves conflict or performance gaps and establish actions plans for improvement for team members.
- Provide resources for team to stay current with industry trends, compliance and regulatory changes and technology developments.
- All other duties as assigned.