Director, Project Management Office
EagleView | Operations
As a Director, Project Management Office, you will lead a project and program management team through priority setting and delivery of over 1,000 data and imagery acquisition projects annually for internal and external stakeholders. Day-to-day, you will oversee the results, communications, strategic and task-oriented activities for business-critical projects and programs having moderate to high complexity and uncertainty. No two projects are the same. The ideal candidate can deliver in a challenging and fast-paced environment, as well as manage effectively through competing priorities within the larger organization. Additionally, the candidate needs to be skilled in managing stakeholder and customer expectations, while concurrently maintaining delivery momentum. The role requires a well-rounded individual who is comfortable adjusting their approach to meet unique needs across multiple stakeholder groups within a complex organization. This role is ideal for someone with strong leadership skills, who has a desire to make a positive impact and do great things.
- Lead the Project Management Organization within Image Acquisition & Execution, setting the vision and direction of the team in collaboration with colleagues and senior leaders.
- Design and Implement PMO processes and policies to support the overall vision and goals of the Operations team and company. Work with the team and peers to develop new and improve existing KPIs and Scorecards to drive desired business outcomes.
- Coach and mentor direct reports and team members to grow their project management capabilities and skills sets through formal and information guidance and opportunities.
- As a key member of the Operations leadership team, help drive positive change and open communication throughout the IA&E organization and Eagleview.
- Guide the team to identify and escalate project risk and communicate status to internal and external stakeholders when and as appropriate.Act as a terminal escalation point for serious concerns.
- Supervise revenue forecasting models and tracking dashboards on a frequent basis, reporting to Sales and senior leadership across the organization as needed to ensure the organization is delivering as required.
- Supervise and occasionally provide input and clarity to RFPs and be the senior contact for the PMO with the Finance, Sales and Product organizations, including for the development of new products as needed.
- Directly manage four senior Program Managers and a Team Lead and oversee all HR activities of the PMO including hiring and terminations, time off requests and bi-annual reviews.
- Direct the assignment of program-level work to Program Managers, Project Managers, and Support Staff members as needed and in collaboration with the PMO leadership team.
- Accountable for the quality and timeliness of all PMO deliverables are on time and meet specifications.
- Utilize Salesforce for program and project tracking, including revenue, cross-functional delivery communication, cases, and resource allocation.Look for ways to improve these processes through enhanced use of technology.In the near term, lead the upgrade of Project Tracking tools and team skills, preferably to the Enterprise Project Management level.
- 10+ years of experience as a project manager or working in a Project Management Office; at least 3 years managing people. Prior experience leading a PMO preferred.
- PMP certification or similar preferred
- Awareness of Eagleview products specifically, aerial imagery and data solutions marketplace, or software experience helpful
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce functionality and reporting preferred
- Knowledge of EPM marketplace and experience working in or with an EPM solution
- Ability to read and comment on contract language and participate in the negotiations of contracts internally with Sales and Finance
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and adapt quickly
- Well-organized, dependable, self-sufficient