National Account Manager
AGDATA | Sales
AGDATA is currently seeking a National Account Manager with Agriculture Experience to join our team! The Ideal candidate will be based in Western Canada, and has prior experience selling to large enterprise customers. Are you well connected in the industry? Do you enjoy the close? This position will be home based with travel.
The National Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales and fostering relationships from existing clients and new clients. The NAM seeks out and identifies marketplace opportunities, business prospects and develop proposals to secure sales. Managing key client accounts is a significant duty and frequent travel to interact with clients is essential.
This position requires proactively managing a number of key client’s accounts, demonstrating strong sales skills to provide profitability and growth.
- Achieve bookings and revenue targets
- Identify key decisions makers and provide solutions that solve business needs that are specific to your client.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers to ensure long-term success at a CxO level.
- Act as the liaison between customers and internal teams ensuring clients’ requirements are met
- Negotiate all client agreements (MSA, SOW, Pricing, Contracts, etc…)
- Collect and analyze sales data and trends
- Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings, according to company standards
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing departments to set and implement strategies for new products
- Stay up-to-date with internal and external developments in the agriculture industry.
- Build and delivery presentations that are compelling and drive results
- Develop and maintain the account plan
- Keep SFDC up to date with all required information to keep the virtual team informed of all moving parts within your client
- 10+ years’ selling experience
- A complete understanding of sales process, pipeline and opportunity management as well as we quota attainment and the retirement of that quota. (Account Planning, Pipeline generation, etc…)
- Operational knowledge of SFDC and MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Agriculture and/or Animal Health experience a plus
- In depth knowledge of sales performance metrics (close rates, loss analysis/post-mortems)
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating (large multi-year deals)
- High degree of communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Ability to lead and motivate team members
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
Other Important Attributes:
- Experience in the ability to influence at a high level. This includes bridging the gap between the customer’s operational teams and the executives who drive strategy.
- Keen ability to learn quickly, grasp new concepts and be agile enough to adapt to a changing marketplace.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations for course of action to drive revenue and bookings.
- Proven active listening skills
- Concise and persuasive communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter. Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently; high degree of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships with other groups
- Keen sense of planning (account plan, revenue plan, strategy)
- Creation of pipeline, forecast and all associated reporting your client
- Understanding of how to build out a sales genome for each customer and identify those opportunities. Pursue those opportunities and CLOSE!