Senior Software Engineer
KIBO | Product Development
At Kibo, we provide cloud commerce solutions inspired by our clients' needs and designed to empower their teams. Together, we can help them see further, think bigger, and climb higher.
Our software and services include eCommerce, Order Management, Personalization, and Mobile Point-of-Commerce. We serve retailers, manufacturers, and brands, and our solutions are designed to power the shopping experience – from first click to doorstep – and to scale with them as their business grows.
Kibo is looking to add a senior resource to our engineering team to work closely with our Monetate Personalization product. Our Monetate team solves difficult challenges involving machine learning, statistics, data visualization, real-time decisioning, and user interface, and we solve them on a global scale.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work with talented engineers to help to build highly scalable ML/AI product
- Research and integrate best of breed technologies/frameworks/libraries
- Ship code to our production environment on a regular basis
- Work with Agile software lifecycle methodologies including: daily scrums, collaboration, sprint reviews and code demonstrations
- Collaborate extensively through the full product lifecycle with product management, ux, marketing, sales, support, professional services, customers, and other engineering teams
- Break down complex requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Minimum 6+ years full-stack development experience
- Expertise in the Python programming language
- Strong knowledge of RESTful web services
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience building and performance testing high-scale solutions
- Passionate about testing and able to write effective unit, system, and integration tests
- You are able to collaborate with prospects, clients, other departments, and your own team
- You are curious, interested, engaged, and always aiming to improve
- You build PoCs, internal tools and production systems that strike the appropriate balance of time/cost/security/performance/ scale/maintainability; and you know when, why, and how to make these decisions, and you help others understand those tradeoffs.