Accountant – Payroll and Compliance Specialist
EagleView | Finance and Accounting
Our Accountant – Payroll and Compliance Specialist should be ready to tackle any task given to them with a positive attitude. They will have the opportunity to learn about multiple facets of finance, while working with a supportive team who is passionate about their jobs. The payroll specialist will lend support, gain exposure and participate in activities and projects. If you are a natural leader and interested in a career in payroll please apply!
Payroll & Compensation:
- Processing of bi-weekly payrolls for the US and Canada
- Analyze, prepare, and import into ADP all payroll data, including bonuses, commissions, 401(k), etc.
- Assist in documenting all payrolls processes and procedures and contribute to a sound internal control environment. Identify and drive process improvements and operational efficiencies
- Process employee direct deposits, 401k, and tax withholding changes
- Resolve time and attendance issues, monitor payroll deductions, and respond to employee inquiries.
- Preparation of monthly reporting to executive leadership/ownership of KPIs related to headcount and compensation.
- Ensure that employee payroll processing is in compliance with federal and state laws. Ability to identify “red flags” and elevate to Finance/HR management.
- Ability to read and interpret local statutory documents and translate impacts to EagleView
- Validate and prepare off-cycle manual check requests
- Prepare and process quarter and year-end adjustments
- Prepare and review year end records and reports (i.e. W-2s)
- Other payroll and compensation duties as necessary
- Responsible for coordinating and responding to inquiries with payroll provider related to payroll tax filings
- Global compliance support liaison (corporate governance, state registrations, etc.)
- Import/Export compliance management
- Know-Your-Company (KYC) compliance
- Vendor compliance
Other Accounting Duties:
- Preparation of bi-weekly and monthly journal entries related to payroll, bonuses, commissions, 401(k) and other compensation arrangements
- Preparation of monthly payroll, bonus, commission, 401(k) and other compensation general ledger account reconciliations
- 401(k) plan monitoring, reporting, leading the data gathering efforts for annual audits and ad hoc compliance requirements
- Process, run and distribute workers’ compensation report. Lead annual workers’ compensation audit
- This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and proven leadership skills
- The ability to work well in a dynamic environment, think creatively and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously is required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management / Administration, Finance, or Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in Payroll processing and Finance, specific experience with ADP is strongly preferred
- Experience working with and managing confidential data
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to make quantitative and qualitative assessments of data
- Candidate must possess intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (i.e. Pivot Tables, Formulas, VLOOKUP functions)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate successfully with individuals at all levels of the organization
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.