Database Administrator II
MINDBODY | Information Technology
Company Overview - https://company.mindbodyonline.com/
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Database Administrators are responsible for the storing and organizing of the data within MindBody. They install, configure, design, migrate, monitor, data recovery and troubleshoot database related issues on a daily basis. They are also responsible for the security of the data.
As a Database Administrator II, you will provide operational database services to the organization. Your primary responsibilities will be owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, reviewing service-related reports on a regular basis to ensure service-related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, and working with other teams to identify strategic solutions to recurring problems. This role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with internal and external customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree, technical certification or equivalent experience.
• 4-5 years of experience with database administration.
• Proficient understanding of Microsoft SQL Server.
• Proficient understanding of database backups, restores and recovery models.
• Proficient understanding of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) tools for Microsoft SQL Server
• Proficient understanding of indexes, index management, and statistics.
• Basic understanding of scripting languages (PowerShell, Python).
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory.
• Basic understanding of AWS Cloud Technologies
• Basic understanding of virtualization and storage (SAN).
• Basic understanding of DevOps framework and infrastructure as code
• Ability to function with ambiguity to solve complex problems.
• Ability to work with moderate supervision.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contributes to complex projects that require multiple areas of expertise.
• Assists in planning, implementing and maintaining a production Microsoft SQL Server environment.
• Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendors.
• Creates technical design specifications and incorporates feedback given by senior employees.
• Assists in maintenance and troubleshooting of operating environments, including participating in an on-call rotation.
• Responds to database related requests submitted by internal customers.
• Codes and documents custom database automation scripts.
• Researches new database-related technologies and provides presentations or training sessions to other teams.
• Operates with a customer service minded approach.
• Admits mistakes and attempts to achieve the best outcome in the situation.
• Ensures the adherence to standards, policies, and procedures.
• Uses best practices to improve services for all customers, internal and external.
• Encourages the open exchange of ideas and regularly participates in cross-training.
• Customizes and adapts communication and discussion to appeal to the specific interest, need and level of our customers.
• All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Occasional travel may be required.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
• This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
Duties are performed under limited supervision. Often responsible for planning and organizing their own work, which may or may not be directly related to general business operations of the company or its customers. Will receive training and guidance from manager as needed. Individual contributors may be required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance depending on the nature of the position. No direct management responsibility.