UX/UI Engineer- Remote
Lone Wolf Technologies | Design
Lone Wolf is a long-time real estate technology leader, in the midst of rapid UX-focused growth. Joining our UX team means daily collaborations, learning from real users, and finessing your development skills with a team of fellow boundary-pushing UX/UI Designers and Engineers.
As a UX/UI Engineer, you enjoy clean, purposeful, scalable code. You know the latest standards for front end web development, and have extensive knowledge on coding best practices, such as accessibility and mobile friendliness. You may have dabbled with component libraries in the past, or even built your own! Because you’re in-tune with the end users’ experience, you predict and incorporate their needs into everything you create. UX Engineers at Lone Wolf are encouraged to explore their problem-solving skills and will also have opportunities to participate in UI validation session with real users.
As a member of the UX team, you will contribute to our React-based component library, Helix. We use Helix to rapidly prototype, validate, and deploy new applications. Our future goals for Helix are to introduce Angular support and continue to expand the breadth of reusable components it contains.
This UX/UI Engineering role requires you to collaborate with industry-leading research and development teams to shape some of the most engaging and innovative products in the real estate market. Are you in?
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Apply knowledge of established web development best practices, including accessibility.
- Comfortably collaborate with UX/UI Designers and fellow Engineers.
- Proactively learn and work in different frameworks and code bases.
- Strive for high-quality, reusable code.
- Create, review, and contribute to pull requests.
- Self-manage and deliver assigned work within given timelines.
- Work within the defined guidelines of an established component library.
- Build or modify existing React or Angular components and provide interactive documentation.
- Maintenance and on-going support for component versioning.
- Embrace and contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability.
- 1 + years working with a Design or UX team.
- Bachelors in related field. (Engineering, Design, etc.)
- Experience with git code management or other version control system.
- Strong knowledge of development best practices, accessibility and mobile standard.
- Portfolio that showcases skills and/or past projects.
ADDITIONAL NICE-TO-HAVE SKILLS:
- Experience working with a design system or component library.
- History working with real estate products or applications.
- Experience working for a SaaS company.
- Experience re-imagining and/or re-building outdated and/or cumbersome software.
- Agile environment experience.