Senior DevOps Engineer
Ping Identity | Infrastructure Operations (2103)
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Platform team sits in the center of all of our SaaS offerings. Ping Identity offers critical Identity-as-a-Service products for enterprise customers, where reliability and security are highly valued. To support this, the Platform Team builds a bespoke platform-as-a-service on top of Kubernetes and other cloud native technologies allowing our product to be built reliably and securely. The delivery and self-service team owns the continuous delivery model and supporting tools, as well as self-service tooling for allowing product teams to confidently automate their infrastructure with reduced stack complexity. It is our team’s mission to remove operational and knowledge barriers for developers to push changes to production, automating necessary manual gates, and to reduce the risk in a deployment by building a repeatable pipeline, in one of the world’s most highly secured development environments.
What you’ll do:
- Our team works in three major focus areas:
- Build and support the continuous delivery capabilities of the platform, allowing product group teams to deploy to production continually and with minimal risk
- Build and support self-service infrastructure automation for common platform capabilities
- Build and support audit features and security controls for audit, legal and security stakeholders
Day-to-day, you’ll also work with Kubernetes and Jenkins quite a bit. We also maintain Ruby on Rails applications, Spring-Boot apps, Jenkins plugins, and building pipeline-as-code in both Jenkins and Gitlab CI.As an internal, shared services team we will have full access to our customers - over 150 developers, SREs, and QA - to understand their needs and provide solutions.As a senior engineer, you’ll be responsible for technical leadership: mentoring junior engineers, coaching engineering best practices, being a ‘thought leader’ by keeping current and up to date on emerging technologies, and being reliable for completing critical infrastructure work. A good person in this role takes inspiration from new challenges and the ability to learn, grow, and innovate with like-minded people.
- 5 years professional experience in a developer or DevOps role
- Strong understanding of Java, Groovy, Ruby or Python programming languages
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design
- Ability and passion to program and develop automation to deliver products
- Motivated to investigate and problem solve complex issues
- Strong diagnostic acumen
- Experience with test-driven development or agile development
- Passion for learning and implementing new technologies in a group setting
- Familiarity with Linux
Really nice to have:
- World-class problem-solving skills
- Enjoys creating things which provide value to users: “wow, it’s like magic!”
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Vault, and Terraform
- Experience building monitoring and alerting
- Any open source work
- Experience with any of the following:
- Java, Groovy, Ruby, Python or Shell scripting
- Jenkins (and Jenkins plugin development)
- Ruby on Rails, Spring MVC, JUnit
- Databases such as Cassandra or MySQL
- Mesos or Kubernetes (or similar)
- Experience as a user of JIRA, gitlab, or gerrit
- REST APIs
- Maven or gradle