Manager, Software Engineering
MINDBODY | Product Development
The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for mentoring software engineers within their technical guild to develop their coding, adopt best practices, performance, documentation, and problem solving abilities in addition to contributing to our code base. This manager is also responsible for their direct reports training, providing necessary software and hardware tools, yearly reviews, conducting one-on-ones, career development, and coaching.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BS Degree CSC/CPE
- 3+ years of experience managing and leading technical employees (preferred)
- 6+ years of expertise writing applications in C#
- 6+ years of expertise using .NET Frameworks
- Mastery in data structures, algorithms, and asynchronous architectures
- Expertise in OO Design
- Experience delivering production web applications (500+ users) using contemporary frameworks
- Experience developing products for global markets.
- Experience in a highly agile/scrum environment.
- Experience managing multiple engineering teams: Core platform, API, Research, Big Data, Application Security, mobile, and UI
- Experience leading backend development for high-performance API's
- Mastery in building scalable infrastructure or Distributed Systems required
- A strong passion for bringing useful, useable and highly desirable user experiences to life.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervise a team of 6-10 team members
· Actively contributes code to projects
· Communicate technical expertise, stay current and communicate best practices within their technical discipline (Guild)
· Mentors Software Engineers on best practices within their technical guild
· Manages overall code quality of Software Engineers on assigned guild(s)
· Ensures Software Engineers on assigned guilds are meeting performance and quality standards
· Provides timely feedback regarding addressing bugs, code quality, and performance issues
· Collaborates with the other Software Managers and the Director of Software Engineering to create and evaluate department-wide process improvements and initiatives
· Identifies and provides direction to support team members to modify behavior that could be adversely impacting group effectiveness and productivity
· Proactively schedules, procures, and facilitates technical training for teams and individuals
· Foster a highly agile environment and mentor scrum teams to follow best practices
· Facilitates positive change in direct reports, department culture, and product development values
· Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability
· Responsible for new hire training and smooth transition into teams
· Schedules and attends one-on-ones with direct reports, with regularity determined by the expressed needs of direct reports
· Schedules, prepares the content for, and leads regular performance discussions for direct reports
· Stay on the cutting edge of what’s new in technology and user experience, identifying opportunities to and experimenting with applying new technologies and interaction patterns to customer problems.
· Be receptive to suggestions for changing and improving the way work is accomplished.
· Set an example by working hard.
· Handles crises and stress calmly and effectively.
· Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability.
· Is effective in following through on responsibilities.
· Makes people feel that what they do has meaning and significance in regard to the success of MINDBODY.
· Gives others recognition for their contributions.
· Is approachable.