Associate UX Researcher
KIBO | Product Development
At Kibo, we provide cloud commerce solutions inspired by our clients' needs and designed to empower their teams. Together, we can help them see further, think bigger, and climb higher.
Our software and services include eCommerce, Order Management, Personalization, and Mobile Point-of-Commerce. We serve retailers, manufacturers, and brands, and our solutions are designed to power the shopping experience – from first click to doorstep – and to scale with them as their business grows.
The Associate UX Researcher will work to understand and uncover knowledge gaps that need to be closed through qualitative and quantitative research with users. You will be planning and conducting user-centered design research and usability testing, as well as synthesizing and reporting insights across multiple teams. You’ll identify the methods and approaches to close those gaps and influence our product, design, and organizational decisions so that we keep our eyes on user needs and expectations.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research – including leading interviews, implementing surveys, and configuring design validation and usability tests
- Synthesize and analyze quantitative and qualitative user data to provide actionable insights – informing product strategy, design, and feature development
- Research industry and market trends and features to help develop and pitch recommendations for the roadmap
- Collaborate with other internal cross-functional teams to ensure a consistent overall user experience
- Develop tangible research-driven articles that inspire and communicate data as a human narrative to improve the User Experience of Kibo’s product offerings
- Support the entire Design Team to uncover customer needs that result in actionable recommendations
- Recruit members for usability tests and user interviews
- Develop long-lasting and meaningful relationships with our clients and end-users so that we may continue to utilize those individuals for ongoing product research
- Help establish metrics and continuously measure product design effectiveness to inform future iterations and improvements
- Proactively seek out new data-centric methods, techniques, and opportunities to test hypotheses to create a shared understanding of our users
- Conduct independent user research with the goal of creating user personas and sharing knowledge and insights about our users, products, and market conditions to help shape our user experiences through research reports and in-person presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Science, or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of User Experience Research or Design experience strongly preferred
- Experience conducting virtual and face-to-face usability sessions or other qualitative research
- Experience collecting, measuring and reporting analytics and a proven track record of task automation or improved efficiency
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate research findings to leadership
- Proficient in Microsoft computer applications