PowerSchool | R&D
PowerSchool is the leading provider of software and data solutions for K-12 public school systems in the United States and Canada. PowerSchool’s solutions provide mission-critical systems of record for attendance, grades and transcripts that districts and boards use to manage their operations and comply with state regulations. PowerSchool serves over 4,200 districts and schools representing over 40 million total users, including 15 million students, 1 million educators, and 26 million parents.
PowerSchool was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Folsom, CA., CA.
The Consultant/Configuration will provide the configuration for state models, including state reporting for the PowerSchool special education software. The will also provide level 2 support for the special education system for the PowerSchool clients on special education state model issues. The Consultant/Configuration Specialist will need to become intimately familiar with the data dictionary, implement the business rules, and customize the look and feel for usability of the PowerSchool Special Education software. If related to the configuration, this person will also make corrections to the configuration.
This role is responsible for the following activities:
1. Collaborate with product managers, functional lead, and other configuration staff to define best configuration approach
2. Collaborate with system administrators and product managers to map business processes to Power School special education relational database design, documents, reports and workflows.
3. Establish document templates and section templates for various federal, state, and local forms
4. Integrate Power School special education with other systems using systems integration techniques (data and security).
5. Configure system and template security
6. Resolve issues identified during testing including user acceptance testing
7. Deploy, manage, and promote configured documents/reports to various environments
8. Make minor adjustments to documents/reports based on end-user feedback during evaluation period
9. Provide administrative support to project work stream
EXPECTED PERFORMANCE GOALS:
1. Perform overall configuration of PowerSchool Special Education for various state systems
2. Contribute to the profitability of the business.
3. Provide assigned level 2 support.
4. Mentor junior members of the team
5. Provide technical assistance to other members
1. Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related field, and two years of technical work experience
2. Minimum 5 years of working experiences
3. Must possess a high level of comfort with the Windows operating system (experience with Macintosh OS a plus)
4. Must possess strong relational database skills and have a working knowledge of SQL queries (joins, sub-queries, etc)
5. Must be familiar with Microsoft SQL Server Studio Manager
7. Must be well versed with create HTML and CSS (not using a WYSIWYG editor)
9. Must have a working knowledge of systems integration (data and security integration)
10. Be comfortable leading projects or a technical reference person when needed
11. Have familiarity with business process workflows is a plus
12. Have familiarity with Active Directory is a plus
13. Have familiarity with AWS (Amazon Web Services) is a plus
14. Familiarity with Special Education, Curriculum and Instruction is a plus
15. Demonstrated ability to learn technical concepts quickly
16. Ability to provide technical and help desk support
17. Must be personable and polite to customers under all circumstances
18. Have problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills
19. Have good time management and documentation skills
20. Ability to communicate effectively with both clients and staff
21. Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
22. Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
23. Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
24. Ability to identify district needs and translate them into potential sales opportunities
25. Have good organizational skills, and attention to details