Collections and Bookkeeping- Specialist
Tomia | Accounting/Finance
Collections and Bookkeeping- Specialist- Bangalore
TOMIA was formed from the merger of Starhome Mach and Telarix, industry veterans in Roaming and Interconnect. TOMIA offers transformative connectivity solutions to service providers worldwide. Its innovative offering enables customers to manage a unified optimization process of both roaming and interconnect while driving the future of connectivity through new technologies and services such as VoLTE, NFV, and 5G. With over 500 employees worldwide, regional headquarters in the US, Israel, Luxembourg, India, and a presence in over 30 countries, TOMIA serves over 400 operators including 30 tier-1 and six of the industry's largest groups. To learn more visit www.tomiaglobal.com
Are you passionate about numbers? Is your life passion to examine and analyze financial records? Are you slightly obsessed with prioritizing projects and balancing numbers? If so, this position is a good fit for you!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analysing open accounts receivables for collection efforts.
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Addressing client-billing problems and rescues accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner.
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with manager and if required, involve sales accounts manager
- Review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports on regular basis to ensure timely collections
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements, highlight the issues and challenges for weekly/by-weekly cash collections reports/calls
- Mail correspondence to customers to receive timely payments.
- Review accounts receivable aging for collection issues and works with Customers, Sales to resolve any issues.
- Work with the Netsuite ERP system to enhance accounts receivable reports
- Timely accounting of cash receipts by allocating it accurately to reflect the correct bill wise customer outstanding.
- Requesting and collating the certificate of residence, No permanent establishment certificate proactively by liaising with appropriate person internal/external to providing to some specific customers as per their country law.
- Assist with external audits.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- The candidate for this position should have a minimum of 2 years of corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills required
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Experience in a telecommunications environment is preferred but not required.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Commerce graduate candidate preferred but not required
- Competencies to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to interact with clients in a clear and professional manner.
- Able to work independently (with minimal supervision) to ensure timely collections.
- Interest in Financial Systems (Netsuite, Salesforce)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Dedicated team player with strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Education and/or Experience master’s degree in accounting/Finance is required.
Language Skills - An individual must also have excellent communication in English both oral and written, proficiencies in other languages is a plus.