Senior Python Developer
CentralSquare Technologies | Development
This position can be located at any of our centers of excellence. There is also a possibility for remote work for the right candidate.
The Central Square Labs team is seeking asenior software engineer to join the team in building new, innovative solutionsfor public safety and administration. You will work with a team of engineers, data scientists, UI/UXdesigners, and product managers to create cloud-based applications that usedata analysis and machine learning to support new capabilities across theCentral Square product line. You haveexperience working on a high performing team, mentoring engineering talent, andwant to iteratively craft user-centric solutions that are both scalable andsupportable. Your entrepreneurial energyand desire to have an impact in society make you challenge the status quo andstrive to apply new tools and approaches to solve difficult problems. Your experience working with clients andproduct managers to translate requirements into technical solutions will helpthe team execute on our product vision.
About Central Square Labs
The innovation Lab at Central Square is a new teamtasked with prototyping and scaling new, emerging solutions to support thebroader Central Square mission of improving communities through our publicsafety and administration solutions. Asa new team, we are ramping up our engineering efforts with a focus on creatingcloud-based data analysis pipelines that use machine learning to improve theefficiency and effectiveness of government agencies. For instance: How can machine learning makepolice patrols more efficient and equitable? How do we craft ML models that are not only accurate but also fair andtransparent? How do we deliver MLservices to other teams in a supportable and scalable manner? If these questions speak to you, then theLabs team is the right environment in which to answer them.
What You’ll Do
· Participate inbacklog grooming of user stories, clarifying requirements, and preparing workfor the development team
· Propose technicalarchitectures to solve requirements using cloud services
· Mentor morejunior software developers on the team
· Give feedback oncode through code reviews
· Build andmaintain data processing and analytic pipelines and software
· Troubleshoot andresolve bugs
· Collaborate withdata scientists to support feature engineering, model testing, and productionroll-outs
You Should Have
· 5+ years ofsoftware development experience
· Excellentverbal and written communication skills
· Experiencewith Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, backlog grooming, sprint planning)
· Excellentproficiency in Python
· Proficiency inprocessing tabular data (e.g. Pandas / R / Spark dataframes)
· Experienceusing Amazon Web Services to craft multi-tenant, scalable solutions
· Experiencewith designing data structures and relational databases
You Get Extra Points For
· Degreesrelevant to Computer Science, Mathematics, and Machine Learning
· Experiencewith Machine Learning (especially NLP and deep learning) and related tools(such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, and Sci-kit Learn).
· Experienceusing big data analytics platforms such as Dask or Apache Spark
· Experiencewith API design and microservice architectures
· Experiencewith front-end frameworks such as Angular