Quality Assurance Engineer II
MINDBODY | Information Technology
The Quality Assurance Engineer II is responsible for testing MINDBODY applications, diagnosing problems and reporting bugs. The Quality Assurance Engineer II has prior experience with testing, excellent attention to detail, strong analytical, technical and communication skills. In addition, the Quality Assurance Engineer II understands the MINDBODY technologies and products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to determine test strategy for projects.
- Review new code for potential defects and develop test strategies from findings.
- Track open defects and provide support until resolution.
- Propose technical solutions to remediate defects in code.
- Write automated test for new features being worked on by SCRUM team.
- Maintain and support existing automated test suite.
- Write complex SQL queries to facilitate own testing and work of other QA Engineers.
- Propose improvements to SDLC practices of projects.
- Accurately estimate level of effort for own testing tasks.
- Create and maintain basic documentation for established QA best practices.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers to communicate details of own testing efforts and provide support throughout development lifecycle.
- Implement solutions to utilize continuous integration servers effectively.
- Create simple software tools to facilitate testing.
- Troubleshoot and track defects for testing environments and infrastructure.
- Report QA metrics as per definitions from department.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of industry experience in testing web applications, mobile applications and/or large-scale enterprise products.
- Strong understanding of best practices in software testing, test planning, test case writing and defect writing.
- Strong understanding of SDLC development processes.
- Basic understanding of TDD/BDD and CI/CD processes.
- Hands-on experience writing code in OOP languages (C#/Java/Objective-C/Swift).
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (T-SQL, MySQL).
- Knowledge of automated testing platforms (Selenium, WebDriver, Cucumber, etc.).
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting issues in front-end applications and back-end code.
- Hands-on experience executing and implementing automated tests.
- Hands-on experience communicating with team members to provide support throughout development life cycle.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements:
- Hands-on experience with API testing tools (Postman, SoapUI, Advanced REST Client).
- Hands-on experience with browser development tools (Chrome DevTools, Firefox Developer Tools).
- Hands-on experience with version control software (Git, TFVC).
- Hands-on experience with code editors (Visual Studio, Android Studio, XCode).
- Hands-on experience with bug/project tracking software (TFS, JIRA).
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Travis CI, TFS).
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Scope of Supervision/Authority:
Duties are performed under limited supervision. Will receive training and guidance when working on new processes and procedures. Most decisions will be routine and do not require supervisor assistance. No direct management responsibility. The incumbent or successful candidate must meet the job requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this job description. The Company will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.