Entry-Level IT Help Desk Specialist
KIBO | Information Technology
At Kibo, we provide cloud commerce solutions inspired by our clients' needs and designed to empower their teams. Together, we can help them see further, think bigger, and climb higher.
Our software and services include eCommerce, Order Management, Personalization, and Mobile Point-of-Commerce. We serve retailers, manufacturers, and brands, and our solutions are designed to power the shopping experience – from first click to doorstep – and to scale with them as their business grows.
The IT Help Desk Specialist’s role is to support enterprise Information Technology operations and to empower each Kibo employee to function at their peak. This role will report to the IT Manager and is responsible for providing both local and remote employee technical support for employees based around the world.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Have a passion for technology AND helping others.
- Take ownership of reported issues and respond in a considerate, expeditious and courteous manner. Excellent Employee/End-User experience is a priority.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from employees.
- Prioritize, triage and schedule effective responses to incidents, issues and problems.
- Proactively identify and take ownership of unreported or consistent problems.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software and hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Respond to requests related to personal mobile devices (BYOD) as required.
- Assist users with requests related to video conference, WiFi and audio-visual support for meetings and internal events.
- Utilize all technical resources to research problem resolutions, resourcefully consult knowledge bases, web sites, technical documents or other resources to find solutions to unresolved technical problems and stay updated on technology changes or problems.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Write, publish and regularly update frequently asked questions for end users.
- Help Desk or Information Technology experience in a corporate environment.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 365
- A+, Network+ or MCP certification are a plus.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Understanding of Windows 7/10 and server operating systems.
- Knowledge of computer hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Experience with office automation applications, specifically Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and web browsers.
- Experience with the setup and configuration of workstations (hardware and software), printers, and copiers.
- Ability to assist with maintaining and improving facility operations and lift up to 45 pounds
- Familiar with Audio Visual technologies and support.
- Experience with mobile computing devices, including Apple and Android related products.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.