Ruby On Rails Senior Developer
Advanced | Development
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole enterprise and delivering right, first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to users’ lives. Our vision is to continue to make a difference; positively impacting the lives of millions of people as the foremost provider of market focussed software solutions that make the complex simple. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Ruby on Rails developer to join an existing application development team. Working on development of a Cloud based Financial Accounting application.
We are recruiting for a proven software developer with commercial experience in web development and Ruby on Rails.
The individual will be required to work within a team of established developers (offshore and onshore) to develop new functionality for our fantastic new Financial Accounting application.
What you will be good at
· At least 2 years Ruby on Rails commercial development experience
· At least 4 years commercial web development experience.
· SQL database experience
· Application Servers - JBOSS, Tomcat, IIS
· Build – Git
We would like you to have
· Experience with financial accounting systems or other domain knowledge relevant to a financial accounting system
· Database development using MySQL Stored Procedures and database scripts
· REST API development
· AGILE/SCRUM development experience
· Development practices - Rails test framework / TDD / BDD, Domain Driven Design, SOLID, refactoring, OOP design patterns
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Our hiring strategy is all about identifying potential. At Advanced, we don’t believe in CVs. We passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. Assessing you for behavioural fit and not for past experiences. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £260m turnover, 19,000 customers and 2,350 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to %5 contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Employee assistance programme
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process. Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we’d like to hear from you.
If your application is successful you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake an interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Click apply now, and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch.