Machine Learning Engineer II
MINDBODY | Products & Engineering
MINDBODY is the leading technology platform for the health, wellness, and beauty industry. Local entrepreneurs worldwide rely on MINDBODY to run their businesses, and consumers use MINDBODY every day. The products we build impact more than 60,000 businesses, and millions of consumers!
Our team Bowtie, a recent acquisition of MINDBODY, works on an AI receptionist and messaging platform that uses artificial intelligence to chat with customers and help businesses connect with their clients more efficiently. Our mission is to bring freedom and peace of mind to business owners so they can focus on doing what they love, instead of stressing out over missed customers.
We're looking for an experienced machine learning engineer to build production models that improve theproduct experience, design and implement software, lead projects, and mentor junior engineers. We’re a fast-paced, focused, humble group with a sense of humor, and we look forward to meeting you!
Day to day:
- Find solutions to hard problems in the machine learning and natural language processing space
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain high quality software (aka ship lots of code)
- Wrangle data
- Prototype, build, and deploy scalable ML models
- Build high-performance ML pipelines
- Collaborate cross-functionally with developers, product managers, and designers
- Participate in regular code reviews, often in a mentorship capacity
- Create and refine technical documentation
- 2+ years of work or educational experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Proficiency with Python (2+ years)
- Proficiency with relational databases (2+ years)
- Experience building, tuning, and deploying robust production ML models
- Familiarity with production cloud environments (AWS, Heroku)
- Passion for problem solving and strong communication skills
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field
- Experience with one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, text understanding, text classification
- 1+ years of industry experience in software development in a team environment