Jamf | 300 - Engineering
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. We are looking for a macOS/iOS Software Engineer to join our team to help us create, maintain and continually improve our products in the identity space that help our customers find success with the Apple platform.
You participate in an agile delivery team that produces and delivers new products, new features and adapts existing functionality with high quality and reliability. You are a key component in Jamf remaining the best of breed in securing identity and endpoint management of Apple devices.
Jamf is a fast-paced environment with distributed team membership. Successful team members are adaptable to the change that is a part of software development. Our goal at Jamf is to ship the highest quality product to solve our customer's problems.
- Build a deep understanding of workflows that make a Jamf customer successful and apply that knowledge to build high-quality software
- Agile Development experience, especially: unit testing, continuous integration, refactoring, code reviews, meeting the overall project requirements
- Understanding of and commitment to Agile development methods and practices
- Contribute as a fully embedded member of an agile team, working directly with Software Engineers, Product Managers, Technical Writers, Software Architects, Visual and UX Designers, Product Owners, and others to define, plan, and execute work
- Has ability to positively impact coworkers and teams in a highly collaborative environment
- Create, improve and maintain software components utilizing appropriate software language(s) while applying the necessary engineering theory and logic to meet overall project requirements
- Engage and collaborate with Software Engineers across teams to share and define best practices related to their area(s) of expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent (Preferred)
- Experience and knowledge of the iOS Platform (Required)
- Experience and knowledge of the MacOS Platform (Preferred)
- 3-5+ years’ experience developing enterprise grade software with understanding of testing and quality assurance processes (Required)
- 3+ years of experience in Swift/Objective-C (Required)
- Knowledge of Xcode and associated build and test tools Technical aptitude and desire for continued learning of both JAMF Software, the latest in testing methods and technology, and the ever-changing world of Apple Software Development and products
- Strong communication, analytical, and listening skills
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results-driven culture
- Strong written and oral English language skills
How we help you reach your best potential:
- We are progressive, but laid back. You are free to be you and work how you work best. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Everyone has a voice and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- Ability to support and give back to your community through volunteer paid time off.
- Ability to grow in your professional career through advancement opportunities, including tuition reimbursement for those obtaining a degree.
- 20 of the Top 25 Fortune 500 companies rely on Jamf to do their best work.
- We are relentless, but we are selfless. You can create and be creative, dig in, break it down, and troubleshoot to help others make sense of technology.
- Best – in – class training in professional growth and product knowledge.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.