Payroll & Compliance Manager
EagleView | Finance and Accounting
Our Payroll & Compliance Manager will work to ensure our payroll expenses and taxes are paid correctly and on time and will be responsible also for oversight of our corporate compliance function. This individual should desire to work in these multiple aspects of the business and should be ready to tackle any task given to them with a positive attitude. They will have the opportunity to contribute to the cross functional teams within the organization while reporting within the Finance team with close collaboration between Finance and Legal. The payroll and compliance manager will lead and participate in several projects. If you are a natural leader and interested in a career in payroll and compliance, apply below!
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Oversees commission plan payments and collaborates with sales operations to ensure adequate and appropriate documentation is in place
- Responsible for annual bonus calculations and communications to the organization.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Oversees and leads 401(k) plan administration
- Develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activates to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures designed to comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations and to address risks and conflicts of interest.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk. Develop corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Create risk assessment dashboards and heat maps that can summarize to executive leadership the overall compliance health of the organization (e.g. KPI’s)
- Maintain the corporate governance books and records
- Lead the annual insurance review and renewal process
- Be the liaison between the business and the insurance broker throughout the year
- Lead a global team that would support you in this role
- Build upon and continue to develop import/export compliance program
- Provide oversight to a junior payroll and compliance staff team member
- Develops and maintains an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees and delivery of periodic and annual compliance review for staff
- Promotes a culture that encourages ethical conduct and a commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Manage and participate in day-to-day operation of the compliance program:
- (a) Assist in answering compliance-related inquiries.
- (b) Monitors the performance of the compliance program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- (c) Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Oversee the internal quarterly/yearly compliance review functions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field of study.
- At least 5-7 years of experience.
- Ability to establish a rapport and gain cooperation and commitment from others.
- Possess a high degree of credibility and demonstrate professionalism both inside and outside the organization.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills and ability to exercise balanced judgment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Problem solver
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office suite, very strong in Excel
- Experience with the following software a plus: ADP, NetSuite, Salesforce.com, Concord and/or related compliance software preferred.
- This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and proven leadership skills
- The ability to work well in a dynamic environment, think creatively and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously is required
- Experience working with and managing confidential data
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to make quantitative and qualitative assessments of data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate successfully with individuals at all levels of the organization
Characteristics for Success in This Role
- Requires a high degree of accuracy and the ability to process time sensitive and confidential information.
- Works independently with a sense of urgency in complex matters.
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze conflict data.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Strong integrity, values and ethics
EagleView® Technologies offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.