PowerSchool | Services
The Project Manager provides leadership for the implementation and deployment of PowerSchool systems software. This role has overall responsibility for delivering and supporting the implementation of multiple projects, with subprojects of varying scope and size to school districts. This customer facing position oversees all phases of unified deployment of connected software solutions to ensure accurate and timely completion with high customer satisfaction. This position is involved with implementation assignments, consultation and related deliverables while ensuring high quality and high customer satisfaction throughout the implementation effort.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Communicates with clients by phone and email to assist with configuration, data migration, reconciliation of customer satisfaction issues, clarification of customer requirements and stats/steering meetings.
• Responds to feedback, resolving issues by satisfying the customer while meeting business objectives.
• Creates and maintains all project documentation including accurate records of individual implementation project deliverables/work products, status and issues.
• Assists service team and peers with continued process improvement for product implementations.
• Applies industry standard project management (PMBOK) methodology to all projects, including setting expectations, managing to scope, to track progress, manage risk and coordinate resources.
• Assists in development and management of processes and procedures associated with project deliverables.
• Creates and delivers effective presentations, presenting to various levels of management.
• Provides leadership and consultancy on setup, configuration, data mapping and customer business processes throughout the software implementation.
• Develops project schedules including project training, conversion of data and software installation.
• Provides direction for and coordinates efforts of all cross-functional project team members.
• Collaborates with Program Manager to actively identify additional products and services with existing customers; manages change control process as necessary.
• Understands and supports internal and partner vendor implementations, involving services.
• Manages client product expectations by understanding and adhering to established product development process; balances both client requests with company objectives.
• Acts as liaison on customer’s behalf to internal business units (e.g., sales, business operations, implementation, product education, technical support).
• Professionally communicates with stakeholders throughout the implementation effort.
• Drives and facilitates decision-making and consensus with stakeholders at the local district.
• Communicates project status to key project stakeholders and sponsors.
• Serves as project team lead, guiding the work of internal and client teams while ensuring responsiveness to customer needs. Is accountable for overall performance and delivery of defined services scope of work.
• Develops relationships and works with key district and school stakeholders (e.g., program and technical leadership staff) to identify and articulate project goals and objectives; ensures all tasks and decisions align to goals and objectives.
• All other responsibilities assigned by management
• Education and/or Experience
o Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
o Work experience in K-12 Education large-scale, district technology implementations a plus
o Minimum of 2-4 years of project management or project coordinator experience required
o Familiarity with District, School, and Student data, including an understanding of relationships
between types of data for areas including: students, courses, schedules, schedules, grade scales,
terms, report cards, transcripts, state reporting data, standards, grade books.
• Specialized Knowledge or Certifications
o Subject matter expertise in at least one of PowerSchool’s current software solutions
o PMP, CAPM, and/or CSM certification a plus, but not required
o MS Project or SmartSheets working knowledge
o Moderate to advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge and use of working with data sets, reports, charts,
and budget information.
• Skills and Abilities
o Excellent organizational skills
o Strong communication skills: written, verbal, and personally able to quickly build and maintain
rapport with others
o Ability to handle multiple projects, priorities and adapt to continual change in a fast-paced
o Ability to be proactive, action-oriented, and motivating
o Ability to drive consensus, facilitate solutions, and build options/alternatives