Software Engineer- DevOps
Ping Identity | Infrastructure Operations (2103)
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages. We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The DevTools team sits in the center of all of our SaaS offerings. Ping Identity offers critical Identity-as-a-Service products for enterprise customers, where reliability and security are highly valued. To support this, Ping builds a bespoke platform-as-a-service on top of Kubernetes and other cloud native technologies allowing our product to be built reliably and securely. The DevTools team owns the continuous delivery model and supporting tools, as well as self-service tooling for allowing product teams to confidently automate their infrastructure with reduced stack complexity. It is our team’s mission to remove operational and knowledge barriers for developers to push changes to production, automating necessary manual gates, and to reduce the risk in a deployment by building a repeatable pipeline, in one of the world’s most highly secured development environments.
What you’ll do:
Our team works in three major focus areas:
- Build and support the continuous delivery capabilities of the platform, allowing product group teams to deploy to production continually and with minimal risk
- Build and support self-service infrastructure automation for common platform capabilities
- Build and support audit features and security controls for audit, legal and security stakeholders
Day-to-day, you’ll also work with Kubernetes and Jenkins quite a bit. We also build and maintain Ruby on Rails applications, Spring-Boot apps, Jenkins plugins, and building pipeline-as-code in both Jenkins and Gitlab CI.
As an internal, shared services team we will have full access to our customers - over 150 developers, SREs, and QA - to understand their needs and provide solutions.
- Develops, tests, and deploys pipeline tools
- Work closely with internal customers (developers, QA, operations, legal and support) to understand pain points and define solutions
- Compose and add to frequently asked questions (FAQ) knowledge base and documentation
- Provide support for existing pipeline infrastructure and tools
Solid understanding of at least one language: Java, Python, Groovy or Ruby
Knowledge of basic software engineering principles
Experience with test-driven development or agile development
Enjoys challenging and complex problems
Enjoys working with people and understanding their technical problems
Nice to have:
· Any previous customer service experience, or working directly with clients and customers in any context
· Clear and articulate communication skills, especially written
· Familiarity with *nix based OS (Mac OS, Ubuntu, Alpine)
· Any open source work
· You’ll be working with these - so if you have any experience, great!
· Kubernetes and docker
· Jenkins (and Jenkins plugin development)
· Java, Groovy, Ruby, Python or Shell scripting
· Terraform and Vault
· Cassandra or MySQL databases
· REST APIs
· Build tools such as maven, gradle, etc...