QA Engineer II
MINDBODY | Products & Engineering
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Works with developers and business application users to develop comprehensive test plans and detailed test cases, including the use of automation, performance and test management tools. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated scripts and programs for testing. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
The Quality Assurance Engineer II is responsible for testing MINDBODY applications, diagnosing problems and reporting bugs. The Quality Assurance Engineer II has prior experience with testing, excellent attention to detail, strong analytical, technical and communication skills. In addition, the Quality Assurance Engineer II understands the MINDBODY technologies and products.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of industry experience in testing web applications, mobile applications and/or large-scale enterprise products
• Strong understanding of best practices in software testing, test planning, test case writing and defect writing
• Strong understanding of SDLC development processes
• Basic understanding of TDD/BDD and CI/CD processes
• Hands-on experience writing code in OOP languages (C#/Java/Objective-C/Swift)
• Hands-on experience with SQL and relational databases (T-SQL, MySQL)
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting issues in front-end applications and back-end code
• Hands-on experience executing and implementing automated tests
• Hands-on experience communicating with team members to provide support throughout development life cycle
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Hands-on experience with API testing tools (Postman, SoapUI, Advanced REST Client)
• Hands-on experience with large-scale analytics platforms (New Relic, Splunk, PRTG)
• Hands-on experience with browser development tools (Chrome DevTools, Firefox Developer Tools)
• Hands-on experience with version control software (Git, TFVC)
• Hands-on experience with code editors (Visual Studio, Android Studio, Xcode)
• Hands-on experience with bug/project tracking software (TFS, JIRA)
• Hands-on experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Travis CI, TFS)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with QA engineers to determine test strategy for project
• Review new code for potential defects and develop test strategies from findings
• Track own open defects and provide support until resolution
• Propose technical solutions to remediate defects in code
• Create simple automated tests using established automation tools and frameworks
• Write complex SQL queries to facilitate own testing and work of other QA engineers
• Propose improvements to SDLC practices of project
• Accurately estimate level of effort for own testing tasks
• Create and maintain basic documentation for established QA best practices
• Collaborate with software engineers to communicate details of own testing efforts and provide support throughout development life cycle
• Implement solutions to utilize continuous integration servers effectively
• Create simple software tools to facilitate testing
• Troubleshoot and track defects for testing environments and infrastructure
• Report into QA metrics as per definitions from department
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
• This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.