QA Engineer III
MINDBODY | Product Development
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Works with developers and business application users to develop comprehensive test plans and detailed test cases, including the use of automation, performance and test management tools. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated scripts and programs for testing. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
The Quality Assurance Engineer III develops test strategies, analyzes complex software systems and code, and ensures that MINDBODY applications work as they should for our users. The Quality Assurance Engineer III troubleshoots and isolates defects, providing regular status reports and updates to ensure MINDBODY maintains the highest quality for its products. In addition, the Quality Assurance Engineer III understands the MINDBODY technologies and products.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
· 4+ years of industry experience in testing web applications, mobile applications and/or large-scale enterprise products
· Hands-on experience leading testing efforts of team
· Hands-on experience guiding software development team in QA and SDLC best practices
· Strong understanding of TDD/BDD and CI/CD processes
· Strong proficiency writing code in OOP languages (C#/Java/Objective-C/Swift)
· Strong proficiency with SQL and relational databases (T-SQL, MySQL)
· Strong proficiency troubleshooting issues in front-end applications and back-end code
· Hands-on experience collaborating on frameworks for test automation and internal software tools to facilitate testing
· Hands-on experience working with and providing support for virtualized testing environments
· Hands-on experience providing mentorship to junior team members
· Hands-on experience collaborating at a technical level with team members of various technical backgrounds
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Strong proficiency with API testing tools (Postman, SoapUI, Advanced REST Client)
· Strong proficiency with large-scale analytics platforms (New Relic, Splunk, PRTG)
· Strong proficiency with browser development tools (Chrome DevTools, Firefox Developer Tools)
· Strong proficiency with version control software (Git, TFVC)
· Strong proficiency with code editors (Visual Studio, Android Studio, Xcode)
· Strong proficiency with bug/project tracking software (TFS, JIRA)
· Strong proficiency with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Travis CI, TFS)
· Hands-on experience with data storage technologies (Redis, Riak, Elasticsearch)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead testing efforts of projects and of critical issues as they arise in production environments
· Track project health by monitoring open defects and high-risk issues, develop and execute plans to drive them to resolution
· Review test cases, test plans and defects of junior QA engineers to provide corrections and mentorship as needed
· Make implementation design decisions for software tools, improvements to continuous integration servers and technical solutions to defects
· Review code and SQL queries of junior QA engineers to provide corrections and mentorship as needed
· Uphold and encourage the use of best practices of SDLC methodologies and code quality on team
· Analyze technical requirements with team to accurately determine level of effort of projects
· Break down complex projects and delegate work to junior QA engineers
· Review QA documentation of other QA engineers and propose improvements
· Participate in design reviews, and review of project requirements and technical designs to provide meaningful feedback
· Collaborate with software engineering team to gain understanding of technical project architecture
· Review QA testing infrastructure and environments that support testing efforts
· Review QA metrics to assess effectiveness of department and identify potential areas of improvement
· Provide technical mentorship to junior QA engineers
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
· This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
· Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.