JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Site Reliability Engineer
Granicus | IT and Internal Support | St. Paul, MN
Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) work to provide customer value by ensuring the service delivery, health, and reliability of Granicus applications. This is achieved by identifying problems and opportunities for improvement and then developing fixes, tooling and automated solutions to address these findings. The SRE will have a work stream that consists of operational support tasks that inform current or future development work to accelerate and automate recurring tasks. An SRE’s time will involve both manual intervention and development of automation and other fixes. The ideal candidate is required to have solid written and verbal skills, a strong technical mindset, a knack for solving problems and an attention to detail.
The SRE will be providing Level 3 technical support and troubleshooting for internal customers. They partner with other operational technology teams on resolving infrastructure issues and completing strategic projects to help ensure Granicus meets established SLAs and ensuring maximum uptime. The SRE is a key member of our On-Call operations staff, monitoring and alerting for our applications 24x7x365. You will work with our ticketing application (Jira) to proactively review, update and resolve issues and work assigned to the team. The SRE functions as a bridge between Customer Support, Cloud Operations, Client Implementation and Software Development with the following duties:
- Diagnose problems and develop solutions for problems related to software, configuration and infrastructure.
- Understand application code, scripts and SQL statements to troubleshoot production issues
- Develop and support the automation of routine operational activities
- Escalate urgent problems to On-Call and Incident Manager
- Provide documentation of processes involved with support duties and contribute to the knowledge database
- Contribute in writing and in-person to root cause analysis meetings as part of process improvement
- Participate in the development and testing of internal controls, scripts and other coding projects
- Work closely with peer teams to deliver high availability and optimum performance for customers
Security Requirement: SREs are responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
- System Administrator, Software Engineer or operational/product support engineer in a dynamic 24X7 environment
- Basic familiarity and understanding of agile development methodologies and practices
- Experience with on-premises/datacenter and cloud service deployed applications
- Multi-tiered web application architecture
- Unix/Linux command line interface
- Microsoft Windows Powershell / CLI
- Administration/configuration of Ruby, Java, PHP, Apache and Tomcat applications
- Administration/configuration of Microsoft Server / IIS / .net applications (C# / Visual Basic/ Core)
- Supporting and troubleshooting applications and related issues
- Internet technologies such as TCP/IP protocols, DNS, HTTP protocol and proxy servers
- Experience with internet routing issues and troubleshooting
- Writing effective shell or other scripting to automate procedures and workflow
- Relational database software and concepts, specifically Oracle, MySQL, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Hands on experience utilizing monitoring software tools such as Nagios, New Relic, Logic Monitor, ELK stack
- Knowledge of DNS and SMTP Protocols, Email delivery and Email Authentication (DKIM, SPF, DMARC)
- Understanding of deliverability best-practices and bulk email compliance policies for major email providers including whitelisting, feedback loops, sender reputation services, etc.
Examples of Likely Performance Metrics
- Ticket Management – The successful resolution of issues and problems related to the Granicus product platforms within defined resolution times.
- Documentation – The creation of useful documentation that can be used by colleagues and peers to resolve incidents and execute changes.
- Ticket Quality – The creation of JIRA based Change and Incident tickets that accurately and completely document the body of work required to resolve incidents and execute changes.
- On Call Coverage – The management of Alert based Incidents generated during a given week, and the complete documentation of these Alerts, Incidents and Problems
- Project Management – The successful execution of assigned projects with stated deadlines and specified time allotments.
- Customer Satisfaction – The overall satisfaction of internal and external customers to the quality of completed work.
- Problem Management and Incident Review Process – Participation in the Incident Review and Problem Management process, and the completion of assigned tasks.
- Change Management – The successful planning, documenting and executing of Change Requests.
- Communication – the ability to successfully communicate ideas, Incidents, Changes and other operational elements in both a written and verbal context.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status