JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Competitive & Market Intelligence Manager
Lithium Technologies | 5100: Marketing Employees | Austin, TX
The Competitive & Market Intelligence Manager is a critical role in the product marketing organization, and is responsible for the market, competitor and customer insight needs of Lithium. This includes providing insight from any and all means necessary, primary and secondary resources, customer meetings, interviews, and whatever it takes to help define and differentiate Lithium’s strategic position in the market.
You are a stealthy, tactical market researcher, but also a strategic thinker to analyze and apply data into Lithium’s business and the opportunity in the market. You understand the demands of the new digital customer are growing exponentially and are constantly evolving. Your role is to be at the forefront of those trends and demands and help us anticipate changes and trends in order to best leverage opportunities.
With that understanding, you will develop assets for the marketing and sales teams to use in outbound go-to-market activities, some of which will be client-facing content. While you will be building reusable content, you may also be called on to support deals in prospect and customer facing meetings and events.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be an expert on the products, solutions & strategies of vendors in our market space, and know Lithium at a deep technical level to analyze competitive feature sets inside and out.
- Support leadership, Marketing, and Product Management with market segmentation, trends, and competitive SWOT analysis.
- Use appropriate research tactics and intelligence tools to provide actionable competitive intelligence.
- Create processes to aggregate and effectively disseminate industry trends, competitive benchmarking, and internal company intelligence.
- Help build and maintain sales and marketing assets (e.g., battlecards, buyer personas, customer stories).
- Manage win/loss program and regularly disseminate findings to improve decision making.
- Strengthen Lithium differentiation and train field teams on competitive position & strategy, including strengths, weaknesses, validation points, and tactics.
- Support the Sales organization on deal-specific requests.
- Assist the creation and launch of new products and enhancements (e.g., market sizing, market requirements, pricing, messaging) by providing recommendations and analysis.
- Establish “early warning” system to alert new market forces and competitive landscape changes.
- 5+ years’ experience in pre-sales, product marketing/management/ research
- Strong analytical skills and passion for analyzing products, competitors, and market dynamics. Can quickly synthesize disparate data into a position and craft messaging that connects with a diverse audience of stakeholders; including customers, sales, and executives.
- Strong organizational skills. Able to research and project manage dozens of changing data points.
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills. Verbally articulate and skilled at telling a visual story with graphs & data. You can adapt & tell this story to different audiences.
- Has demonstrated an ability to dive into a product and become a champion and promote features, use cases, and value propositions to customers.
- Decisive, agile, and iterative; easily able to shift gears between thinking and doing with a proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- An ethos of getting things done. Proactive style with discipline for setting priorities, driving decisions, and getting closure on recommendations and issues.