JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Regional Sales Manager
Granicus | Sales | Columbus, OH
Headquartered in El Segundo, CA Vision is a rapidly growing national leader in website development, consulting and software solutions for city and local governments. As an employer, Vision offers the rare combination of the high growth culture of a growth equity-backed company along with the stability of a twenty-plus year track record of excellence in our industry.
With significant recent enhancements to our SaaS content management system (visionLive) and the backing of Granicus, the leading cloud solution provider to local government, following their acquisition of Vision in February 2018, Vision is well positioned to accelerate our growth. Our mission is to improve communities by creating solutions that promote resident access and participation. We deliver to our municipal clients beautiful, high-functioning and easy to use web portals and other software tools that empower their constituents to be informed and involved 24/7 and on the device of their choice.
Role Summary: Regional Sales Manager (RSM) - Ohio Valley, Upper Midwest and Northeast Regions
We are looking for a professional, customer-centric sales person with a technology sales background in local government to grow and manage our Ohio Valley, upper Midwest and Northeast territories, this includes, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Michigan and the Northeast. Candidates must have previous experience managing multiple clients over a large geographical region. This is a new business-focused, individual contributor sales role.
The RSM is responsible for activities necessary to create and nurture opportunities and close sales, including:
- Developing a plan for growing their territory
- Engaging in prospecting activities
- Responding to inbound sales leads on a timely basis
- Building and maintaining close, long lasting client relationships
- Qualifying client needs and determining if we're a right "fit"
- Reviewing Request for Proposal (RFP) documents, assisting with proposal strategy and conducting a final review of proposal documents
- Attending tradeshows and conferences
- Logging all sales activities and client contacts in Salesforce
We have an in-house sales support and marketing team who will send out materials and prepare proposals and quotes based upon the direction of the RSM.
This is an outside sales position that requires a high degree of autonomy. As such, it requires strong sales skills derived from previous experience and training. A technology and/or local government sales background is strongly preferred.
The major requirements and skills include:
- Proven track record of consultative sales experience and success as an individual sales contributor.
- Experience using some form of customer relationship management software to track leads, activities and opportunities. (SFDC preferred)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, working under tight schedules to meet deadlines.
- A passion for serving clients.
- Ability to execute a sales process in a solution sales methodology. This will require relationship building and great oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct product demonstrations and conduct presentations for large groups.
- Experience and comfort with technology.
- Experience selling in a committee-driven environment, with multiple, cross-functional decision makers.
- Ability to maintain accurate sales forecast and opportunity pipeline.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.