Public Strategies Intern - Spring 2019
Vista Equity Partners | Vista Public Strategies | San Francisco, CA
Vista’s public strategies internship is a highly selective program that offers a unique entry point into tech investing and the public markets with a dynamic and successful firm. The [paid winter/spring internship commitment requires 10 to 20 hours per week for 15 weeks and is designed for individuals who are interested in expanding their knowledge of software and the public markets. Public strategies interns will focus on the public market investing efforts at Vista. Interns will learn about Vista’s unique and disciplined investment philosophy and the best practices used to research opportunities.
This opportunity is based in San Francisco, CA and is designed for the 2019 Spring Semester (January - May).
Responsibilities will primarily revolve around the following areas:
· Participating in thematic research projects to identify investment opportunities
· Leveraging Vista’s proprietary ecosystem to develop new investment theses
· Monitoring industry data to identify inflections in fundamentals
· Conducting financial analysis and forecasting performance
· Handling one-off research requests from the investment team
· Supporting interdepartmental projects
The opportunity for additional responsibilities will be based on Vista’s needs and the public strategies intern’s personal strengths and performance. Successful candidates may have the opportunity to interview for additional internships or to transition into a full-time position, if available. Vista’s success and growth, emphasis on training, and history of hiring from within make the public strategies internship a truly unique opportunity for ambitious college students.
· Sophomores and Juniors at top undergraduate institutions
· High degree of personal and professional maturity
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated track record of success in school and / or in professional pursuits
· Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
· Exceptional work ethic and a deep sense of accountability
· Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
· Interest in financial markets and technology industry sectors and trends
· Ability to multi-task, working on conflicting priorities simultaneously, while always meeting deadlines and high standards of work quality
About Vista Equity Partners:
Vista Equity Partners is a U.S.-based investment firm with offices in Austin, Chicago, New York City, Oakland, and San Francisco with more than $46 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Vista exclusively invests in software, data, and technology-enabled organizations led by world-class management teams. As a value-added investor with a long-term perspective, Vista contributes professional expertise and multi-level support towards companies to realize their full potential. Vista’s investment approach is anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions, and proven management techniques that yield flexibility and opportunity.
About Vista Public Strategies:
The fund’s investment objective is to seek superior risk adjusted absolute returns across all phases of the economic/investment cycle and to exploit competitive advantages to generate long‐term investment results.