Mid-Market Sales Executive
Automated Insights | Sales | Durham, NC
About Automated Insights
Automated Insights (Ai) helps organizations make better business decisions, faster. By empowering data-driven organizations with Ai’s proprietary natural language generation (NLG) platform, Wordsmith, businesses are able to deliver the right insight, to the right person, at the right time and in the easiest-to-understand medium—the written word. Wordsmith makes exploring, discovering, and communicating insights easier than ever before. Our Wordsmith platform turns raw data into written narratives for clients like Activision, Yahoo!, and the Associated Press.
At Automated Insights, we are dedicated to treating all Ai-ers with respect, autonomy, and generosity. We strive to provide a best-in-career work experience for each and every employee. We know that having an excellent company culture is an advantage and we’ve created an environment which empowers our team to do their best work. We've even been recognized for this and are a five-time winner of Triangle Business Journal's Best Place to Work Award.
Why does the Mid-market Sales Executive role exist?
The role of the Mid-market Sales Executive is to increase company revenue and develop new clients a defined territory.
What would I do as a Mid-market Sales Executive?
- Execute sales prospecting plan to penetrate target accounts and capture significant market share in assigned territory.
- Effectively position the value proposition of Ai Wordsmith and negotiate agreements.
- Harvest new sales opportunities through outbound prospecting and limited inbound lead generation.
- Consistently deliver on quarterly and annual sales/business objectives/quotas.
- Deliver accurate and timely pipeline reports and forecasts.Provide recommendations to the management team of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, and suggestions of how to address and leverage each as it relates to the penetration of the market.
- Work closely with Solutions Architects for product demonstrations, mockups, and trials needed to close business.
- Travel as required.
What prior experience is required?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of software sales experience
- Demonstrated understanding of consultative sales approaches
- Experience with full life cycle of sales, from prospecting to contract negotiation and closing
- Ability to navigate complex sales cycles
- Demonstrated success with outbound prospecting
- Experience delivering product demonstrations and presentations online as well as in-person
- Comfortable working in a dynamic team environment
- Track record of meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual goals
What skills and knowledge are required?
- Effective organizational, time and task management skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Preferred experience working opportunities with SIs and through partner channels
- Preferred experience selling:
- Marketing automation solutions
- SaaS solutions
- Business Intelligence solutions
What’s cool about the Mid-market Sales Executive job?
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple business functions
- Being part of a team working on ground breaking technology in an evolving and exciting space
- Help customers tackle unique and complex business problems across a multitude of verticals
- Working on the front-line of a rapidly growing company
What’s hard about the job?
- Successfully handle and prioritize a long list of tasks and meetings.
- Overcoming objections to continue deals through the sales process.