Project Manager I
Vertafore | Professional Services | East Lansing, MI
Vertafore has transformed the insurance industry through software solutions for the whole market… and we are looking to do it again. We are in search of talented team members who are innovative thinkers; with a passion for building and supporting products and solutions that truly change the way our customers do business. Our software will network the industry, from Fortune 500 companies to individuals. You will work cross-functionally across Vertafore, including Customer Support, Account Management, Professional Services and Product Management to help guide the client and also contribute to the future growth of your team.
A Project Manager at Vertafore works directly with clients as part of a cross-functional team, which means you need to be a proactive self-starter, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and service-focused to help nurture the client experience. Additionally, you're a mentor and consultant, as well as a client champion within Vertafore. You must have exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills.
• Collaborate with the team to educate and train clients on how to best implement and utilize the Vertafore product suite.
• You are experienced developing, defining and executing project plans and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
• You excel at managing customer expectations to successfully deliver project.
• You’re excited about being the primary customer contact from project inception thru project completion.
• You have demonstrated an ability to proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
• You desire to maintain a basic level of knowledge of current application with detailed knowledge regarding setups and preparations involved in transitioning from one management system to another.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Work experience in a technical, customer focused environment.
• Experience managing software or technical projects.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• PMP certification is a plus, but not required.
• Travel up to 20%, typical is 1 trip for a few days once a month.