Vertafore | Development | Denver, CO
As a Principal Architect you will provide technical direction and support for Vertafore’s corporate vision with both a deep and broad specialization in multiple domain areas. You will help the CTO and Enterprise Architecture Team unify products and systems to a common platform, define standard principles and frameworks for consistency across Vertafore, and provide knowledge and support to the Vertafore development community to increase adoption of enterprise or domain-specific standards.
Your communication skills will help disseminate our technical vision, guidelines, and technologies to other architects and developments teams, Product Management, Operations teams, and Executives across Vertafore.
Principal Architects translate business requirements into implementable technology solutions that balance cost, speed of delivery, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards whenever possible.
As a hands-on architect you will work with teams of engineers to transform the way our customers do business. The challenges you will face include designing our next generation of cloud based products, building micro service-based applications that can deliver flexible capabilities to different user bases, and providing technical leadership to teams to achieve Vertafore’s product vision through active mentoring, technical decision-making, and driving and facilitating company-wide collaboration.
Over the past 40 years, Vertafore has advanced the business of insurance by bringing together the best software in the industry to help agencies, carriers, and MGAs run their organizations. Today, we’re proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, cut costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore helps our customers deliver exceptional value to their clients with innovative, intuitive, and comprehensive products and services. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight— right when customers need it most.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) expertise with a DevOps and QOS mindset is critical to success in this role. The successful candidate must have demonstrated architectural & implementation skill sets to deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot cloud solutions.
- Deep understanding of micro-service based architectures and building performing, scalable and durable solutions in cloud environments.
- Cloud Application Design patterns and frameworks (for e.g. service discovery, circuit breaker, and 12 factor).
- Experience with various access control models and standards, including SSO and ID Federation.
- Full stack development experience.
- Proficient in NoSQL and Relational Databases. PostgreSQL experience desired.
- Demonstrable interest in emerging / nascent technologies.
- Highly proficient in communicating technical issues with developers, product owners, executives, and other stakeholders. Experience acting as a technical liaison between Product Management, Development, and Operations.
- Able to express complex concepts in plain language for greater understanding across teams / departments.
- Experience with producing System Architecture diagrams and supporting documentation.
- Broad knowledge and experience with DevOps-oriented processes and toolsets.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks.
- Extensive experience conducting code reviews.
- Able to plan, conduct, and report on architecture design reviews.
- Working knowledge in application, system, and network security.
- Experience in reporting and analytics architectures a plus.
- Experience with event-driven architectures and messaging systems (Kafka, Kinesis) would be a strong plus
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment. Visit http://www.vertafore.com/careers today!