EAB | G&A | Richmond, VA
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,400 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
We offer an exciting opportunity to join a newly formed and fast-paced recruiting team. The Recruiter will play a critical role shaping and delivering on the talent acquisition strategy within a high-growth company. The Recruiter will partner with Business Partners and hiring managers on staffing needs, talent profiles, search execution, the interview experience, and onboarding new hires.
This position is based in Richmond, Virginia.
- Manage the candidate life cycle: attract, select, schedule, interview, and negotiate offers to close candidates
- Develop a critical eye for candidates by fully understanding the unique needs of various business lines and job profiles; conduct comprehensive interviews that test for qualifications
- Market the firm to candidates, developing a strong sense of what sells in this competitive market and how EAB packages its career opportunities
- Drive decision making with line managers to expedite the hiring process
- Successfully manage the offer delivery and candidate “sell” process – create and deliver compelling and equitable offer proposals, ask probing questions to understand the factors in a candidate’s decision-making process, and coordinate efforts to effectively address questions or concerns with the ultimate goal of securing an acceptance
- Analyze recruiting data and trends to inform strategy and meet individual recruiting goals and metrics
- Partner effectively with fellow recruiters to share candidate pipelines and contribute to team hiring goals
- Participate in special projects (e.g., recruiting campaigns, referral triaging, sourcing strategies, training modules and presentations)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent academic record
- 1+ year of full-time professional experience
- Specific interest in recruiting and HR
- Demonstrated relationship building skills (both internally and externally), with a “leading with yes” service ethic
- Concise and visionary written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and collaborate successfully on a geographically dispersed team
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Experience within an HR or Recruiting function
- Interviewing and recruiting experience
- Proven ability to probe beyond the experiences and accomplishments listed on a candidate’s resume to assess potential alignment
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to take initiative and think through problems creatively
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume, and ambiguous environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven goal orientation and ability to achieve or exceed target metrics and expectations
- Experience working in a collaborative team-based environment
- Demonstrated professional composure, discretion, diplomacy, and judgment
- Ability to learn quickly
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.