Manager, Content Strategy, Customer Marketing
Cvent | Marketing | Tysons Corner, VA
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to event professionals around the world. We are looking for a Manager, Content Strategy, Customer Marketing for our rapidly growing customer marketing team!
In this role, you’ll join the charge in taking Cvent customer story-telling to new heights. As a content strategist, you have a balanced understanding of strategy, research, copy and visual design and can carefully organize and manage customer story content for a successful marketing program or product launch. You’ll be a customer experience advocate, excited about our customers lives and careers through simple, intelligent and enriching products and experiences.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop the content strategy to serve the campaign and customer’s / end user’s needs, overseeing content requirements, customer interviews, and deliverables.
- Interview and coach customer speakers as needed to prepare for live or recorded interviews.
- Develop customer story angles and content for use in executive presentations at marquee events.
- Compellingly communicate customer stories through effective writing and design sensibility. Ensure content is appealing, informative and satisfying to the visitor and is competitive in the marketplace.
- Apply your storytelling and writing skills to website and e-book content, presentations for events and webinars, and associated marketing assets as needed.
- Maintain content inventories (success guides, case studies, training, etc.); assess existing content and identify new content types; review website performance and search; analyze existing content to ensure it conveys a consistent tone and credible message to the customer and user audience, is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality and tone across the customer lifecycle.
- Maintain editorial calendars, style guides, content frameworks and content migration plans.
- Gather and maintain key business and user insights about the content and apply strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision and pipeline for the content that’s generated.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure the needs and goals of marketing projects are met and build meaningful relationships within the organization.
What You Need For This Position
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on communications, marketing, and business
- 8-10 years of total work experience in Content Development and Strategy, Public Relations, Content Marketing, B2B Marketing, Customer Service, Customer Success, or Account Management
- 2+ years of experience managing staff, agencies, and/or contractors.
- Excellent leadership, presentation, problem-solving, communication, writing, and analytical skills. Graphic design capabilities are a plus.
- Familiarity with B2B marketing, digital lead generation, and sales processes; Retention or loyalty marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, or digital marketing a plus
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment