Aptean | G&A | Alpharetta, GA
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today’s fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don’t have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds – with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That is why over 2,500 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 54 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
The General Ledger and Accounts Payable (GL and AP) Manager, part of the Accounting Team based in our Alpharetta, Georgia office, will be responsible for the General Ledger and Accounts Payable functions, including but not limited to quality and timely deliverables, process improvements and managing a team of accountants.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with Accounting Director to ensure processes are smooth and deadlines are continually met. Ensures standardization is in place across processes. Proactively participates in the integration projects, provide advisory and share expertise when necessary.
- Takes key part in establishing processes across functional areas. Reviews existing processes and implement improvements for stronger controls and more efficient and effective processes. Continuously monitors activities and quality, develops plans to increase customer satisfaction as well as contingencies. Keeps process documentation up to date. Ensures SLA's/KPI's in place are met, sets KPI's where required for quality improvement or monitoring. Proactively seeks and communicates opportunistic process improvements, in order to increase efficiency and make processes robust. Actively participates in process improvement projects. Makes sure improvement projects and process documentation is updated. Ensures synergy across service lines.
- Ensures timelines for close and reporting are met. Continuously looks for ways to expedite the close process. Ensures reporting is accurate and timely; identifies issues and quickly raises to ensure expectations are managed. Always delivers to the deadlines and helps others to do the same.
- Liaises with other functional teams to ensure important business information is continuously shared.
- Responsible for recording NA payroll and compensation related activities.
- Ensures standardization is in place across processes. Ensures compliance to all applicable GAAP's and the company Policies. Makes sure all accounting entries have appropriate supporting documentation which meet standards of all applicable GAAP's, companies Policies and public companies audit requirements and accounting standards.
- Is collaborative and co-operative when working with colleagues. Shares business information to the team and cascades as appropriate: shares ideas and experience with others. Facilitates different points of view, always making sure communication is polite and with the merit. Plans and implements appraisals effectively across direct reports including setting achievable goals, actively coaches and supports team members to enable constant growth in performance and experience.
Bachelors Degree Required
Masters Degree Preferred
Work Experience (Indicate the approximate years of relevant work experience necessary for this position)
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 6 years' experience; or equivalent experience. Typical range of experience is 10-13 years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Fluency in English required, additional European languages is preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP required.
- Experience of working in a shared services finance role required.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
- Ability to operate on own initiative.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word Processing required.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.