Lead Cloud Architect
Advanced | IT Services
The Lead Architect works throughout the project lifecycle to shape and define solutions for our clients. This is a pivotal role within the ITO group that works with key customers on large, complex and strategic opportunities. You would act as a trusted advisor for the customers bringing together capabilities from SME as well as wider business to deliver measurable client business outcomes.
Essentially the role is the glue between Pre-Sales and project delivery keeping presales honest and owning the technical delivery of the solution as the trusted client advisor and technical solution owner.
- Designing Pre-Sales solutions in public and private clouds
- Validating pre-sales solutions
- Architecting complex technical designs in a range of private and public cloud platforms
- Leading multiple technical delivery resources within a specific customer engagement
- Providing quality assurance across customer deployments to ensure transition into managed service
This is a client facing role giving the opportunity for the applicant to consult with clients to review existing technologies and develop and present detailed designs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing review and validation of Pre-Sales and Sales proposals to ensure these are consistent with both the required technical outcomes and the expected delivery of infrastructure support functions
- Assisting in responses to bids and tenders, highlighting where appropriate any associated technical risks
- Acting as Solution Owner for the development of low level and high level technical designs, taking into account functionality, technology, delivery, support, management, service and commercial considerations
- Acting as a point of consultation for the development of new technical or service offerings for Advanced
- Undertaking individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data, architecting solutions
- As Solution Owner, providing leadership to virtual teams of technical delivery consultants (or other technical resources) to deliver successful technical implementations
- Ensuring that all work is delivered with a minimum of customer impact and within the appropriate change control procedures
- Successfully handing over solutions to relevant internal or external support organisations, including knowledge transfer
- Maintaining an agreed billable utilisation rate by ensuring that work undertaken is appropriately authorised and approved as billable
- Maintaining an awareness of technological developments and best practice and adapting and applying new and appropriate ideas
- Delivering and promoting quality, excellence and continuous service improvement for Professional Services engagements
- Producing quality documentation using Advancedstandard templates
- Working within Advanced ’s Information Security and Acceptable Use Policy and Procedures
We would like you to have:
- Proven experience (ideally 10 years +) in architecting, implementing and migrating large scale, complex technical solutions within private and public cloud arenas
- Proven experience migrating or transforming legacy architecture to public (O365 and Azure) and private clouds
- Demonstrable experience for designing Security functions within all aspects of a design
- Critical thinking – the ability to access multiple possible solutions and the select the correct one mapping to business needs
- Proven experience in designing and implementing infrastructure migrations
Significant experience in the design and deployment of the following technologies:
- Office 365 (Email Online, Advanced Threat Protection, Intune, Azure Information Protection, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams)
- Azure (Azure AD, Azure Networking, Azure Migrate)
- Security (CIS, NIST, Cyber Essentials, ISO policies covering both public and private cloud)
- Azure Migrate
- VMware ESX
- Active Directory
A good understanding and exposure to the following technologies
- Designing cloud networks (VPC and subnets)
- Data centre hosting
- Networking (WAN, LAN, Internet, Firewall, ExpressRoute)
- Cloud solutions (ForcePoint, Mimecast)
- Enterprise Mobility and Security (InTune, Airwatch)
- Desktop virtualisation
- Ability to develop strong relationships and be able to influence colleagues, senior client stakeholders
- Strong communication, presentation and business writing skills along with ability to manage and build strong relationships internally and externally
- Flexibility to travel to and work from client locations
- Experience with ITIL, TOGAF and PRINCE2 methodologies and frameworks would be beneficial.
- Any Architecture qualification within AWS or Azure platforms.
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With over a £254m turnover, over 19,000 customers and over 2,300 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance - 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!