Director of Growth Marketing
MINDBODY | Products & Engineering | San Francisco, CA
MINDBODY is hiring a Director of Growth Marketing to be a key leader in the consumer Marketplace team. Reporting to the SVP of Marketplace, this is a unique opportunity to help build and scale a world class consumer marketplace for fitness, wellness, and beauty (10x opportunity).
We need an experienced performance marketer and growth leader to drive multi-channel acquisition, search, retention marketing, partnerships, and various growth marketing campaigns that drive exponential user growth.
This leader thinks end to end - from first customer touch to app download, registration, and conversion, working across marketing, product, engineering, analytics, and consumer research to execute. With the ultimate goal – grow our user base!
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Define and own the end to end growth marketing strategy and road map with primary focus on driving growth to our mobile app.
- Drive performance marketing, paid search, retention marketing, partnerships, analytics, research; partnering closely with dedicated product, design, and engineering to execute in-product growth levers.
- Lead with an analytical and results-driven mindset, taking a relentlessly funnel driven, test oriented approach, optimizing every stage of the user’s path to purchase.
- Stay on top of market trends and competitors that enable us to create best in class growth marketing strategies to increase our presence and penetration.
- High tolerance and expectation for identifying new growth levers via growth campaigns, hacks and experimentation (e.g. trials, promos, referrals, giveaways).
- Own/create the infrastructure needed for rapid growth - evaluate tools, attribution models, testing capabilities, dashboards, reporting needs.
- Drive accountability to performance against a set of KPIs (app downloads, bookings, revenue) and, first and foremost, user growth.
- Own the marketing budget, optimizing spend across channels, consumer segments, and geographies
- Build/lead a world class team, instilling a growth mindset and culture of impact.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- 12+ years of experience in performance marketing within mobile app space; with a minimum 5 years in a management role.
- Experience in digital marketing, paid search, retention marketing, and partnerships driving mobile app adoption. (Experience in consumer product management preferred
- Love of data - Analytical, funnel driven, experimentation driven.
- Proven track record building a growth strategy from the ground up, connecting it to a tight roadmap & execution plan, and driving measurable results.
- Experience working across various internal and external marketing technologies, testing, and tracking solutions
- Experience leading, hiring, and building teams, establishing cultures & rhythms.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functions driving toward a common goal (marketing, data science, product, engineering, BD, PR, social, brand & creative teams)
- Experience working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, growth minded consumer company.
- Prior startup experience a plus.