Technical Account Manager- APAC
Khoros | 2430: Paid TAM | Sydney, New South Wales
We are looking for anTechnical Account Manager – based in the APAC region (UTC+11 to UTC+7) – who understands various web technologies, data storage systems, and software tools and is ready to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, but also one that understands the value of relationship building and engagement. Most importantly, we want someone with the ability to manage customer expectations, to understand their business objectives, and to think through a problem critically in order to develop practical solutions whether technical or otherwise. We succeed when our customers renew, so your customer service ability makes a huge difference. If you’re able to pull this all off, you’ll help us meet our goal of rising to the gold standard.
As a member of an amazing team that is a customer satisfaction leader and is working towards being one of the top global software support organizations, here’s where you’ll be able to make a difference:
- Be the named technical contact for our marquee and strategic customers that have elected for our Premium support services.
- Build a trust relationship with experienced resources to ensure successful long-term engagement with Khoros, driving their adoption, comprehension, and utilization of our product suite.
- Facilitate and lead actions with internal teams while maintaining consistent communication with customers as we move their cases toward resolution.
- Prepare and deliver operational metrics reporting as part of ongoing status reviews to provide customers with a holistic view of their current and past cases.
- Work with product management, engineering, sales, professional services, customer success and other teams to ensure customer loyalty and long term usage of the platform.
- Participate in issue triage and, through your product expertise, assist in resolving customer reported defects and questions. You will perform advanced troubleshooting and log analysis as you collaborate with customers to develop solutions and answer inquiries.
- Sustain our 97%+ customer satisfaction rating by providing phenomenal, personalized support to our great customers.
What it takes?
If you can accomplish the above, you’ve got what it takes. Our ATAMs will step between a typical technical support role and a highly strategic partner for the customers. Of all of our teams within Support Services, the TAMs spend the most time on the phone with customers so a willingness to pick up the phone and make that call is a “must have” skill. Our team members need to have an attitude and personality that makes them suited to work with people (our customers and their co-workers!) and make those people happy.
The Technical Account Manager role has a strong technical aptitude and is responsible for the overall success of their customers. In today’s ever-changing social landscape, we need someone who’s up-to-date on the latest and greatest web tools and platforms. To do so, we use Web 2.0 architecture, REST APIs, JSON, XML, relational databases and networking in our day to day lives. This means a proficiency with programming, scripting languages, and database construction is definitely experience that’s needed to succeed. If your background includes a strong social web interest, that’s a serious plus!
Below you’ll find examples of the skills, education, and experience of our current team. Do you need all these skill sets to succeed in this role? Not at all! Showcase them if you’ve got them, but what matters is aptitude not credentials. Think more about what it takes to acquire and develop these skills; it’s your core drive, curiosity, and commitment that will make you someone we want on our team.
- 2+ years of experience in customer and/or technical support roles, ideally with a focus on web applications and Enterprise Software Solutions.
- 2+ years of experience working with customers, managing relationships and setting customer expectations
- Previous demonstrated experience in a few of the following technical domains:
- J2EE (Java, JSP, Servlets)
- Relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- Networking (TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, etc.)
- Lucene query syntax and Regular Expressions
- Any 3rd or 4th generation programming language and associated software development tools and processes (version control, AGILE, etc.)
Why You should join our team?
Khoros is an organization with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction and we maintain a culture dedicated to making a difference. We’re looking to add a team member who is energized by social media, customer support, and complex challenges. We’re open, transparent, hardworking, and we’ve been ranked as one of Glassdoor’s Best Place to Work. Come check us out!