Office Coordinator Intern
Cvent | Business Operations | Vancouver, British Columbia
This is a Summer Internship. Cvent believes that when people come together amazing things happen, relationships are built and business gets done. This is why we have created the industry’s leading cloud-based software for managing corporate meetings, events and travel programs.
From a one-to-one sales meeting, employee training or a large flagship customer conference, Cvent’s unmatched software and the data it provides helps thousands of companies and hotels around the world to better engage their customers, reduce costs and grow revenue.
The Office Coordinator is responsible for assisting in initiatives that make sure the local office runs as smooth as possible such as general office organization, managing visitors to the office, coordinating events in and for the office, while working with a wide-ranging group of office leaders, business operations and human resources team members.
What You Will be Doing
- Maintain a clean, organized, professional, and friendly office environment
- Manage the front desk of the office and all its encompassing duties. Including, but not limited to, greeting visitors, answering the phone, receiving deliveries, and managing office inquiries.
- Work with recruiting and local candidates to schedule and coordinate on-site and virtual interviews
- Assist Management with various office-wide events and special projects; act as a local event planner for internal and external events (meetups, company townhalls, etc.)
- Organize catering for office wide events
- Serve as the liaison between the office and building management
- Communicate internally and with external vendors regarding purchasing and servicing of office items
- Work with Business Operations on real estate matters and office renovations, COIs, buildouts and moves, as needed
- Manage receipts for credit card expenses, vendor authorization forms, prepare and reconcile expense reports, and make bank deposits, on a weekly basis
- Assist office leaders in scheduling meetings, arranging travel, and managing expenses, as needed
- Assist with general office support either on a regular schedule or on a project by project basis
What You Need for this Position
- Rising College Senior (Expected graduation date: December 2019 or May 2020)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with an aptitude for problem solving
- Capable of using MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to drive or commute to office
- Prior office experience preferred, but not required