Senior Software Production Engineer
Tomia | Product Development | Vienna, VA
Senior Software Production Engineer - Vienna, VA
The Sr. Software Production Engineer position has responsibility for correct operation of our customers staging and production systems. In this role, the Sr. Software Production Engineer manages the monitoring of the hosted environments and will provide analysis and resolution of customer issues relating to the core Software platform (.NET), database (SQL Server), IIS, and operating systems. Works to resolve tickets as they are assigned by the Regional Customer Support Managers. Manages escalation of tickets inside their group and will work with the Manager of Product Support to ensure proper training is provided for the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform application deployments to customer environments.
- Work on Upgrade\Installations on the product (software)
- Work to resolve assigned trouble tickets.
- Act as Senior Production Engineer with a DevOps focus
- Monitor skill levels of team members and provide appropriate training.
- Politely interact directly with end users.
- Document ticket resolution for future reference.
- Search available documentation to resolve tickets.
- Investigate application and system configuration.
- Perform the application maintenance hosted on cloud.
- Perform database queries to research issues.
- Escalate tickets to the appropriate team lead and configuration of the software to the new customers.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 2+ years’ experience managing SQL Server based applications.
- 2+ years’ experience in ASP.Net\IIS and Microsoft tech.
- 2+ years’ experience performing end user support.
- AWS\Azure Cloud Experience is a Plus
- Leadership experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong telephone and interpersonal contact skills required.
- Comfortable using Windows applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or another related field is required