Software Engineer I
MINDBODY | Product Development
Company Overview: https://company.mindbodyonline.com/
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Software Engineers work in the MINDBODY software development life cycle, including specification, design, and implementation and testing of new features and bug fixing. Software Engineers are responsible for their own code and bugs.
The Software Engineer I designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software applications for our core product. This includes developing software components including Frameworks, APIs, Websites, Utilities, Databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design when applicable.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Basic understanding of C#, ASP, .NET, MVC, SQL and relational databases
- Passion for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops high-quality code under the mentorship of senior software engineers.
- Supports with the software design process based on functional requirements.
- Supports in the creation and maintenance of project documentation.
- Participates in testing all areas of the code through unit testing and bug fixes.
- Regularly collaborates with other developers to evaluate work for technical feasibility.
- Adheres to internal best practices and coding conventions.
- All other duties as assigned
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
Duties are performed under limited supervision. Often responsible for planning and organizing their own work, which may or may not be directly related to general business operations of the company or its customers. Will receive training and guidance from manager as needed. Individual contributors may be required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance depending on the nature of the position. No direct management responsibility.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.