Human Resources Associate
Ping Identity | Human Resources (9120) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
As a Human Resources Associate you will perform a variety of activities related to the administration and delivery of Ping’s compensation and benefit programs. You will also provide administrative and analytical support to the Human Resources team.
- Employee point of contact for global benefit and perks related questions and issues.
- Participate in various salary surveys and market analysis studies.
- Maintain employee data in Ping’s HRMS system (Ultimate Software).
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of Ping’s global benefit programs (medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, 401k, etc.).
- Provide project management support for Open Enrollment for US employees.
- Participate and provide support for annual renewal for all global benefit plans.
- Assist with employee communication projects.
- Responsible for maintaining employee file feeds to benefit vendors.
- Identify opportunities for improvement to existing processes and procedures.
- Ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, strong customer service, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work with large quantities of data while maintaining accuracy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent education.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in Human Resources.
- Experience in a fast-paced, ever-changing and growing environment.
- Knowledge of HRMS software – Ultimate Software preferred.