Director of Data Analytics
Omnitracs | Product Marketing
Omnitracs is looking for a strong leader with deep knowledge of business analytics to drive the overall vision of data & analytics strategies for Omnitracs. This is a HANDS ON role. This role will partner with cross-functional areas such as product management leadership, sales, account management, data scientist and data engineering to provide the thought leadership to develop solutions that enhance business insights and decision management. This position will lead data platform product management team in defining and assessing advanced analytics programs for Omnitracs including Reporting, AI, ML. Web Services platforms. The professional in this position will lead the development of new capabilities in data & analytics in order enhance the overall OmnitracsOne solution. Ability to mentor colleagues on data analytics and trends. This is an enterprise role that will work with all of Omnitracs business units
As the Director, Data Analytics, you will be responsible for the following:
• Providing thought leadership and serving as Director to client executives.
• Leading data & analytics strategy engagements that involve vision, roadmap, maturity assessment, target state elaboration and business case.
• Leading Agile transformations, technology transformations and operating model design in the data & analytics space.
• Providing strategic input to Omnitracs executives and leading the development of the Data & Analytics services.
• Assisting in proposal development, RFP responses and other business development efforts.
• Crafting data & analytics strategy for the platform and applications.
• Partner with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Information Architects in creation and delivery of complex analytics solutions that align with overall strategy.
• Create overall data vision for the product organization and ensure adoption in the governance of reports, dashboards, machine learning models to enhance application offerings.
Creating and productizing integrated suites of reports, dashboards, web services, machine learning models as a separate revenue stream.
• Leading workshops and developing business cases for data & analytics teams, processes and technologies.
We are looking for someone with:
• A degree in computer science, MIS, mathematics or statistics.
• 10+ years of progressive experience in data & analytics.
• 4+ years of experience in an executive consulting role.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior client leaders to define data & analytics strategy and direct product teams.
• Strong business acumen combined with significant experience delivering analytics solutions in complex data environments.
• Multiple years of professional experience advising clients and directing teams working to identify insights using large and varied data sets; experience serving as a thought leader in these areas.
• Familiarity with design of organization structures, COEs, shared services environments, BI competency centers, analytics-as-a-service, data-as-a-service, etc.
• Ability to design analytics and data governance frameworks and lead these programs.
• Familiarity with modern and traditional technologies and programming languages in the data & analytics space, including NoSQL, Kafka, etc.
• Familiarity with trends and emerging capabilities in the data & analytics space, including data science enabled business solutions such as AI, machine learning, IOT, robotic process automation, etc.
• Proven ability to lead analytics and reporting self-service transformation efforts.
• Ability to elicit strategic business requirements from clients and internal stakeholders in multiple functional areas to help solve their problems and demonstrate how requirements align to outcome oriented solutions.
• Ability to tell compelling data stories.
• Exposure to multiple data visualization tools and technologies, such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and Alteryx.
• Familiarity with emerging technologies and ability to speak to the trends in this area.
• Familiarity with diverse data & analytics infrastructure options ranging from public cloud, private cloud, hybrid.