Business Development Director
Kazoo | Operations | Chicago, IL
Overview of the role:
We are looking for a bright, driven professional with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our fast-growing, mission-driven company. The Business Development Director will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy that will drive sustainable growth and retention of partners in the Human Capital Ecosystem.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- You will act as the strategic point of contact in sourcing new Ecosystem partners, coordinating the involvement of internal stakeholders (including product, technology & marketing) in order to meet account performance objectives and client expectations.
- Establish trusted, professional relationships with key leaders both in Kazoo and with partners in order to build a deep understanding of the business.
- Articulate and align the Kazoo value proposition through the use of a consultative, solutions-based approach to identify and execute on growth opportunities for Kazoo.
- Work on key strategic projects in other areas in the business as needed; including but not limited to: mergers & acquisitions, business integration and other ad-hoc value creation projects.
- 5 -8 years of experience in a strategic or business development role
- Ability to quickly express an opinion, carry out design and implementation discussions with individuals of different level of expertise, experience and knowledge
- Ability to build credible and influential Executive-level relationships.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills with proven ability to effectively engage with and present to senior level executives.
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration in driving results with teams in the pursuit of sales and account engagement objectives.
- Client focused, self-directed, and motivated.
- Ability to navigate in complex platforms, understand current and future business requirements and translate into understanding of customer needs and sales opportunities.
- Excellent analytical and issue resolution skills.
Bonus points for:
- SAAS Experience
- HR Technology Exposure