Technical Support Engineer
Ping Identity | Tier I Support (3101) | Melbourne, Victoria
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Ping Identity has an industry leading suite of software and services products which are centred around industry standards such as SAML, OAuth, OIDC, FIDO, LDAP etc. Our SSO, Directory, MFA, CIAM and API Intelligence systems can be found operating in the Cloud and in customer’s private data centers.
The Global Support Organization is the foremost interface between Ping and our highly valued customers and partners. The team works with our customer’s devops and infrastructure ops departments twenty four hours a day on mission critical services that affect both their workforce and customers. We enable our customers to be successful in the application, administration, maintenance and tuning of their Ping solutions.
The successful individual will be responsible for the first level of support for Ping Identity’s global customers using any of our products including PingFederate, PingAccess, PingDirectory, PingOne, PingID, and any supported integration kits. The environment is fast paced and requires mental dexterity. Our Tier 1 team consists of highly skilled engineers and we welcome new industry talent to join our Ping family. New college graduates and those interested in career growth are welcome to apply!
- Triage customer engagements.
- Gather the required information.
- Manage expectations.
- Investigate issues and queries using the existing bodies of knowledge and test labs.
- Communicate frequently and proactively follow up with the customer via phone, mail and internet meeting systems.
- Actively participate in our community system (public facing Q&A).
- Contribute to our knowledge base.
Our Tier 1 engineers respond to customer inquiries, triage issues, identify scope and gather information to ensure cases are properly documented in our ITSM tool. Our Technical Support Engineering team is responsible for researching functionality and usability related issues; working with our customer’s IT personnel to understand the nature of the issue and communicate steps to resolve or consult and escalate to the next tier when needed.
Team members must be able to work a flexible schedule supporting our global customer base.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree, or,
- A minimum of 2 years related experience providing technical support at an Enterprise level.
- Passion for customer service.
- Ability and motivation to be innovative when finding solutions.
- Desire to learn new and exciting technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal & written communication.
- Logical troubleshooting ability and analytical skills.
- Well organised with effective workload management.
Required Technology Exposure/Knowledge:
- Familiar with SaaS applications (Salesforce, Google, etc) and supporting SaaS solutions.
- Troubleshooting web-based applications (through HTTP Tracing tools and log analysis) in browsers and applications servers.
- Understanding of Single Sign On (SAML, OAuth, OpenID & WS-FED).
- Understanding of Multi Factor Authentication (PingID, SecurID, DUO etc).
- Understanding of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol and Directory Services.
Desired Technology Exposure/Knowledge:
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), X.509 certificates & Kerberos.
- Internet Protocols (HTTPS/SSL/TLS etc)
- Linux-based and/or Windows server OS management.
- Active Directory, LDAP-based directories.
- Relational Database systems such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, and MySQL J2EE.
- Web-application servers (i.e. Apache, IIS, NGINX, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic.
- Identity & Access Management and/or Federation experience with CA SiteMinder/IdentityMinder, IBM Identity and Access Manager, Oracle Access Manager.
- User Provisioning (SCIM)
- Cloud Services such as Azure, O365, AWS
- Networking inc Load Balancers, Firewalls, IP, DNS
The successful candidate will join a team of like minded individuals who have a defined career path and access to learning opportunities in all the technologies involved. We offer all new employees a ramp up period to get to know the company and its products and work with each team member to coach the best working practices in the industry. The office in Melbourne, operates from 8am to 6pm with each engineer performing their role over an 8hr shift within the office hours.