Manager, Sales Compensation
MINDBODY | Finance/Accounting
The Manager, Sales Compensation manages the design, development, implementation, communication and administration of sales incentive programs, ensuring programs are aligned with MINDBODY’s Global Compensation Strategy. Partners with other departments in the design, calculation and evaluation of sales incentive compensation plans. This role will also work through complex issues and projects independently as well as collaboratively with cross functional team members. Ensures base and variable programs are competitive with the external market and are internally equitable.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in sales compensation, including sales incentive plan design
- 2+ years’ management experience
- Experience working in SaaS environment preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional (CSCP) strongly preferred
- Exceptional leadership skills, including the ability to inspire confidence in executive teams to follow the recommended direction
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and work effectively with highly sensitive data
- Demonstrated analytical aptitude to identify opportunities for change, identify alternative best practice solutions and anticipate future problems and opportunities
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, high demand and fast paced environment
- Advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables, vlookups, data modeling etc.)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the global sales compensation processes including the design, development, implementation, and ongoing administration of sales incentive compensation programs which drive desired behaviors that are aligned with MINDBODY’s corporate objectives.
- Oversees the enhancement and maintenance of commissions tools, reporting, and predictive analytics.
- Directs, guides and develops staff. Responsibilities include selecting and developing team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, coaching, motivating and disciplining team members; addressing concerns and resolving problems
- Collaborate with Sales Operations team and Finance in Quota design which aligns to Operating Plan
- Ensures through audits, analysis and reports that all sales compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and maximize workforce productivity and efficiency
- Manage controls required for timely and accurate calculation and payout of commissions
- Ensures compliance with all governmental regulations related to compensation and benefits
- All other duties as assigned