Small Projects Administrator
Advanced | IT Services
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing arange of solutions covering the whole industry and delivering right,first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money anddeliver significant impact to users’ lives. With more than 19,000customers relying on our systems & infrastructure, our ProjectManagers’ help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UKtechnology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and buildingan exciting future.
This is a great chance to begin a career within Project Management and join our ProfessionalServices team to assist in delivering technical projects on time andwithin budget, live and breathe infrastructure automation, support cloudsolutions and weave various services into compelling business systemsfor our customers.
The Professional Services team provide optimal value to the businessby ensuring accuracy and diligence in all tasks undertaken, taking pridein the successful completion of work and ensuring the customers’ needsare at the forefront at all times.
Main Purpose of the Job
To manage the delivery of small customer projects from sales handover through to Service Take-On.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the handover from Account Management of new projects
- Plan the project delivery and monitor its overall progress, escalating issues and suggesting corrective action as appropriate
- Co-ordinate delivery resources; this may involve the management of colleagues, clients and 3rd parties
- Manage customer communication and expectations throughout the project delivery
- Monitor the project budget
- Report on project status
- Ensure adherence to the Advanced 365 PS Methodologies
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive delivery documentation in the customer SharePoint library
- Facilitate Service Take On of small projects
- Ad hoc assistance with Pre-Sales Small Project scoping queries
The ideal candidate will bring with them:
- An understanding of Prince 2 or other project methodology
- A process-driven approach, with an analytical and logical approach to business tasks and needs
- Proven customer facing skills
- Strong time management skills and a proven ability to plan work around multiple projects and moving time-scales
- Enthusiasm and a desire to deliver
Knowledge and Experience
- Highly organised
- High standard of personal presentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Standard Office applications (MSOffice)
- General technology appreciation
- Statistical analysis / reporting
- Prince 2 qualification
- Exposure to working in an IT Managed Services environment
Education / Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent (desirable)
- Prince 2 Foundation (desirable)
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people withpotential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. Welook for aspiration and passionately believe that your individualpersonality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. Wewant you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With over a £254m turnover, over 19,000 customers and over 2,300employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutionsfor the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & careorganisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliverimmediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance - 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at paceso if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company wewould like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer,committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required totake an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HRteam and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and amember of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!