KIBO | Product Development | San Diego, CA
At Kibo, we provide cloud commerce solutions inspired by our clients' needs and designed to empower their teams. Together, we can help them see further, think bigger, and climb higher.
Our software and services include eCommerce, Order Management, Personalization, and Mobile Point-of-Commerce. We serve retailers, manufacturers, and brands, and our solutions are designed to power the shopping experience – from first click to doorstep – and to scale with them as their business grows.
The ideal candidate will have hands on "Production Environment" experience with recent releases of MS SQL with regard to daily database maintenance and operations issues, as well as have strong database development and scripting skills.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Day to day duties for proper database maintenance along with proactive measures to maximize the database availability and performance
- Write scripts and contribute towards automation
- Write script alerts and reports to monitor all production servers
- Provide a single point of contact related to DB operations and triage incoming requests.
- Actively monitor the data tier for health and capacity and take corrective actions as needed.
- Configuration control and release management for stored procedures and applications that wish to connect to the database.
- Perform quarterly data retention on all databases
- MS SQL batch process monitoring and remediation.
- Database backups and restores.
- Available in rotation on-call for critical event handling.
- 5+ years of database experience in a production environment with MS SQL Server
- Experience with both SQL database administration and database development strongly desired
- Ability to conduct data retention on all databases
- Experience with SAN management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely related field. Will consider an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in relation to the databases
- Experience developing data management operations.
- Experience in a Software as a Service 7x24x365 environment including on-call rotation.
- Production and maintenance of high-quality operational documentation.
- Providing overnight and off-hours support as part of a support team.
- Ability to function well in a team working independently and with good communication skills.
- Nimble and Adaptable in this environment
- Experience with PostgreSQL