Member Technical Staff
TIBCO | 63620 SnappyData R&D
Project SnappyData / TIBCO ComputeDB is a new real-time analytics platform that combines probabilistic data structures, approximate query processing and in-memory distributed data management to deliver powerful analytic querying and alerting capabilities on Apache Spark at a fraction of the cost of traditional big data analytics platforms. SnappyData fuses the Spark computational engine with a highly available, multi-tenanted in-memory database to execute OLAP and OLTP queries on streaming data. Further, SnappyData can store data in a variety of synopsis data structures to provide extremely fast responses on less resources. Finally, applications can either submit Spark programs or connect using JDBC/ODBC to run interactive or continuous SQL queries.
This is a senior role. The candidate should be self-driven, highly motivated and knowledgeable about big data ecosystem. Excellent programming skills with Java and/or Scala are required. Should possess logical and analytical skills. Should be able to contribute to the design of new features. Should be able to troubleshoot problems and solve independently. Should be able to adapt to new challenges.
- Develop new features / enhance existing features in Java, Scala, Apache Spark and similar technologies
- Take care of the complete lifecycle of a feature, including requirement analysis, design, development, testing and solving customer issues
- Solve critical issues with clear understanding, comprehensive analysis and within stipulated deadlines
- Contribute to code review, test-case review process of peers
- Work proactively, independently and with global teams to address feature requirements
- Mentor junior team members in terms of preparing design specifications, writing quality code, solving defects etc.
- Explore contemporary products in big data ecosystem and integrating with those as per requirements